Date of Trustee Election
November 5, 2024
Place of Election
Austin ISD contracts with Travis County to conduct elections. Polling places will be posted as soon as determined by Travis County.
Trustee Positions on 2024 Ballot
Single member Trustee Districts 2, 3, 5, and Trustee At-Large Position 8
Eligibility—Texas Election Code Section 141.001
An individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a Texas school board if the individual:
- is a United States citizen;
- is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- has not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot;
- for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in; or
- for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
- is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described above; and
- satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
The Texas Education Code imposes an additional requirement:
- A person is ineligible to serve on a school board if the person has been convicted of a felony or an offense under Texas Penal Code section 43.021 regarding solicitation of prostitution.
Tex. Educ. Code § 11.066.
Filing to Run for Trustee
(NOTE: The application must be signed before a notary public. Notaries public are available at Austin ISD Central Office.)
Designation of a Campaign Treasurer
A candidate must file a designation of campaign treasurer before accepting any contribution or expending any contribution. A candidate may file such designation prior to filing an application for a place on the general election ballot.
Dates for filing application:
Monday, July 22, 2024 through Tuesday, August 20, 2024.
Where to File application, designation of campaign treasurer, and other reports:
In Person: Austin ISD Central Office, 4000 S. IH 35 Frontage Road, Austin, TX 78704, Attention, Edna Butts
By Mail: Austin ISD, Attention, Edna Butts, 4000 S. IH 35 Frontage Road, Austin, TX 78704
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Fax: 512-414-1486
Campaign Finance Report
|Monday, July 22, 2024
|First Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot
|Monday, August 19, 2024
|Last Day to File for Place on General Election Ballot
|Monday, August 19, 2024
|Last Day to File a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy