Austin ISD Strategic Plan 2020–25
Strategic planning is one of the tools Austin ISD uses to provide the district with focus and direction, and to maintain our forward momentum. As the district begins to develop the Strategic Plan 2020–25, we will work to ensure that the elements are innovative and inclusive, and are created to ensure high-quality learning environments for all students throughout the district.
Elements of the Plan
The AISD Strategic Plan 2020–25 will consist of several components.
The framework provides high-level strategic direction—the “whats” of the strategic plan. The AISD Board of Trustees has approved the framework which includes (the entirety of the framework is provided below):
The purpose of the scorecard is to provide a tool to assess strategic plan progress. The board is currently working on the 2020-2021 scorecard, which will include:
- Performance indicators
- Actual performance data
The purpose of the action plan is to implement the framework—the “hows” of the strategic plan. It is the responsibility of the superintendent, and will include:
- Action steps
- Strategic plan alignments
- Monitoring plan
Texas Education Code requires that every school district in the state have a District Improvement Plan. However, AISD’s policy AE (Local) requires the district to have a strategic plan. In order not to have two plans that accomplish essentially the same purpose, AISD has chosen to have a strategic plan that also satisfies state DIP requirements. The purpose of the appendices is to provide various other components required for DIPs.
The appendices are the responsibility of the superintendent. They include:
- Title I Equity Plan
- State Compensatory Education Funding
- Results Driven Accountability
- Priority for Service Action Plan for Migrant Students
- Pregnancy Related Services
- District Policy on Freedom from Harassment
These resources are expected to grow as the process progresses.
- 2015–20 AISD Strategic Plan
- AISD Fact Sheet 2019–20
- May 4, 2020 Board Presentation
- June 25, 2020 Strategic Plan Focus Group Discussion
- Austin ISD Strategic Framework 2020-2025: English PDF | Spanish PDF
Announcements & Additional Information
Austin ISD Strategic Framework 2020-2025
We prepare every student with the knowledge and skills to thrive in college, career, and life.
We are Austin’s home for inclusive learning: high expectations for all children, high outcomes for every student.
In our interactions with students, families, community stakeholders and each other, we commit to:
- Caring for every child to be healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged.
- Educational equity, to ensure every child receives what is needed to develop to their full potential.
- Innovation and academic excellence to inspire the next generation of leaders, civically engaged citizens, creative and critical thinkers, and lifelong learners.
- Valuing diversity, inclusion and meaningful engagement of all voices as we collaborate to improve the common good.
- A culture of respect, transparency, and data-informed decision making to build trusting relationships with each other and those we serve.
- Engaging our employees and inviting their collaboration to make AISD a great place to work.
- Aligning resources to student needs, to be strategic stewards of financial and human capacities to achieve our vision and mission.
Priority Focus Areas
AISD: Every Child, Every Day