Austin ISD Strategic Plan 2020–25
Strategic planning is one of the tools Austin ISD uses to provide the district with focus and direction. It consists of the following elements:
Strategic Plan Framework
The AISD Board of Trustees approved the framework for the 2020-25 strategic plan which includes our mission, vision, values and priorities. This provides the high-level strategic direction and is the responsibility of the Board of Trustees.
Goals and Scorecard
The district’s scorecard provides a tool to assess progress. It includes perfect indicators, targets and actual perfect data. The scorecard is created collaboratively between the board and the Superintendent. The board approved the most recent scorecard in December 2021 and regularly reviews progress against scorecard indicators.
Strategies and Actions
The Superintendent and Administration identify strategies that will guide its work to make progress against the priorities and scorecard indicators. The Administration identifies action steps and conducts ongoing progress monitoring throughout the year.
Equity Action Plan
The 2021 Austin ISD Equity Action Plan will inform the district's overall Strategic Plan 2020–25. The Equity Action Plan is available in English, Arabic, Burmese, Dari, Kinyarwanda, Pashto, Spanish, Swahili and Vietnamese.
Texas Education Code requires that every school district in the state have a District Improvement Plan, and Austin ISD’s policy AE (Local) requires the district to have a strategic plan. In order not to have two plans that accomplish the same purpose, Austin ISD has chosen to have a strategic plan that also satisfies state DIP requirements. The purpose of the appendices is to provide various other components required for DIPs.
The appendices are the responsibility of the superintendent. They include:
- Title I Equity Plan
- State Compensatory Education Funding
- Results Driven Accountability
- Priority for Service Action Plan for Migrant Students
- Pregnancy Related Services
- District Policy on Freedom from Harassment
- Austin ISD Strategic Framework 2020-2025: English PDF | Spanish PDF
- Strategies for Action
- 2021-2022 Scorecard
- Most recent board presentation
- To review the most recent AISD Strategic Plan updates, follow this link to AISD.TV’s archive of AISD Board of Trustees meetings
Austin ISD Strategic Framework 2020-2025
We prepare every student with the knowledge and skills to thrive in college, career, and life.
We are Austin’s home for inclusive learning: high expectations for all children, high outcomes for every student.
In our interactions with students, families, community stakeholders and each other, we commit to:
- Caring for every child to be healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged.
- Educational equity, to ensure every child receives what is needed to develop to their full potential.
- Innovation and academic excellence to inspire the next generation of leaders, civically engaged citizens, creative and critical thinkers, and lifelong learners.
- Valuing diversity, inclusion and meaningful engagement of all voices as we collaborate to improve the common good.
- A culture of respect, transparency, and data-informed decision making to build trusting relationships with each other and those we serve.
- Engaging our employees and inviting their collaboration to make AISD a great place to work.
- Aligning resources to student needs, to be strategic stewards of financial and human capacities to achieve our vision and mission.
Priority Focus Areas
AISD: Every Child, Every Day