Austin ISD Strategic Plan 2020–25
Strategic planning is one of the tools Austin ISD uses to provide the district with focus and direction, and to maintain our forward momentum. As the district begins to develop the Strategic Plan 2020–25, we will work to ensure that the elements are innovative and inclusive, and are created to ensure high-quality learning environments for all students throughout the district.
Elements of the Plan
The AISD Strategic Plan 2020–25 will consist of several components.
The framework will provide high-level strategic direction—the “whats” of the strategic plan. The AISD Board of Trustees is responsible for creating the framework. It will include:
The purpose of the scorecard is to provide a tool to assess strategic plan progress. The scorecard is also the board’s responsibility. It will include:
- Performance indicators
- Actual performance data
The purpose of the action plan is to implement the framework—the “hows” of the strategic plan. It is the responsibility of the superintendent, and will include:
- Action steps
- Strategic plan alignments
- Monitoring plan
Texas Education Code requires that every school district in the state have a District Improvement Plan. However, AISD’s policy AE (Local) requires the district to have a strategic plan. In order not to have two plans that accomplish essentially the same purpose, AISD has chosen to have a strategic plan that also satisfies state DIP requirements. The purpose of the appendixes is to provide various other components required for DIPs.
The appendixes are the responsibility of the superintendent. They will include:
- Integrated continuous improvement plan from the Performance-Based Monitoring Analysis System
- Use of state compensatory education and external grant funding
- Equitable access roadmap
- District policy on freedom from discrimination, harassment and retaliation
- Pregnancy-related services
- Priority for Service Action Plan for migrant students
These resources are expected to grow as the process progresses.
- 2015–20 AISD Strategic Plan
- AISD Fact Sheet 2019–20
- May 4, 2020 Board Presentation
- June 25, 2020 Strategic Plan Focus Group Discussion