Austin ISD’s Title IX Compliance works to ensure equal educational opportunity for all Austin ISD students and to prevent, detect, and appropriately respond to reports of sex discrimination or sexual harassment in the District’s education programs and activities.
To obtain assistance related to the District’s compliance with Title IX, please reach out to the Office of Human Capital through Let's Talk.
You may also make a report about sex discrimination including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, or stalking, by contacting the Office of Human Capital.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX to Austin ISD’s education programs or activities may be referred to the Office of Human Capital, the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the Department of Education, or both.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Austin ISD prohibits discrimination, including harassment, against any student or employee on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Austin ISD does not and is required not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its education programs or activities. The requirement not to discriminate on the basis of sex extends to the admission of students in the District’s education programs or activities and to applicants for employment.
Responding to Formal Complaints of Sexual Harassment
Austin ISD’s Title IX Grievance Process
In accordance with Title IX and its implementing regulations, Austin ISD’s Board of Trustees has adopted new Board policies regarding responding to formal complaints of sexual harassment. A copy of the policy can be found here (FFH (Local)) and and the legally-referenced policy can be found here (FFH (Legal)).
Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment (whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, using the contact information listed for the Title IX Coordinator, or by any other means that results in the Title IX Coordinator receiving the person’s verbal or written report. Such a report may be made at any time (including during non-business hours) by using the telephone number or electronic mail address, or by mail to the office address, listed for the Title IX Coordinator.
(El español está disponible abajo)
- Schools Must Post Important Information Regarding Title IX on School Websites Under the New Title IX Rule
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator Training
- Title IX Investigator Training
- Title IX Decision-Maker Training
- Title IX Prevention and Response Guide
- Employee Welfare: Freedom From Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation - DIA (Legal)
- Employee Welfare: Freedom From Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation - DIA (Local)
- Student Welfare: Freedom from Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation - FFH (Legal)
- Student Welfare: Freedom From Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation - FFH (Local)
- Las Escuelas Tienen Que Publicar la Información Importante Relacionada Con el Título IX en Los Sitios Web de las Escuelas de Acuerdo Con la Nueva Regla Del Título IX
- Capacitación del Coordinador Sustituto del Título IX
- Guía de Prevención y Respuesta del Título IX
Normas de la Mesa Directiva
- Bienestar del empleado: derecho a vivir sin discriminación, hostigamiento y represalias - DIA (Legal)
- Bienestar del empleado: derecho a vivir sin discriminación, hostigamiento y represalias - DIA (Local)
- Bienestar estudiantil: derecho a vivir sin discriminación, hostigamiento y represalias - FFH (Legal)
- Bienestar estudiantil: derecho a vivir sin discriminación, hostigamiento y represalias - FFH (Local)
Title IX Coordinator
Reports of discrimination based on sex, including sexual harassment, may be directed to the Title IX coordinator. The District designates the following person to coordinate its efforts to comply with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as amended:
|Position:||Title IX Coordinator|
|Address:||4000 South IH 35 Frontage Rd., Austin, TX 78704|
|Email:||Title IX coordinator (email@example.com)|