Compensation and Incentives
From salaries to stipends, from healthcare to childcare, we are making an investment in our educators and staff. We're ensuring that when you call AISD your home, you're well taken care of in and out of the classroom.
Compensation and Salary
We're exploring multiple options for a comprehensive compensation package for the 2023-24 school year that benefits our employees. Our top priority is providing raises for all regular staff.
AISD values its employees and works hard to make sure they are appropriately compensated. We are setting the standard in Central Texas with our comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
A Comprehensive Compensation Package that supports you!
Professional Pathways for Teachers and Leadership Pathways (PPfT)
PPfT gives teachers the opportunity to add permanent increases to their base salary by completing their own professional learning goals! PPfT blends appraisal, compensation, leadership pathways and professional development, and allows teachers to choose a pathway that best suits their needs and aspirations. Learn more on the PPfT page!
Health and Wellbeing Benefits
The district offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees and their families so that they are empowered to live healthy, balanced and fulfilling lives. We offer wellbeing incentives, employee assistance programs, and discounts to local health and wellness vendors in the area. Learn more on our Benefits & Leave page.
- Discounted AISD Pre-K tuition for AISD employees
- Mentorships and support for all first and second-year teachers
- Cohorts for staff to find community, collaboration and support with their peers
- Employee discounts for housing, retail, and food with local vendors
- Leadership development opportunities for professional growth
- Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program
2023-2024 Stipends and Sign-on Bonuses
$7,000 a year for Bilingual classroom teachers
Special Education Stipend
$7,000 a year for Special Education classroom teachers
Advanced Degree Teacher Stipend
$1,000 for teachers who hold a master's degree or higher.
National Board Certified Teacher Stipend
Stipends for National Board Certified classroom teachers, counselors, and librarians
Sign-on Bonuses - For those hired between October 1, 2023 and the end of the 23/24 school year
- $1,500 bonus for newly hired Special Education classroom teachers
- $500 bonus for newly hired Special Education teacher assistants
- $750 bonus for newly hired bilingual classroom teachers
- $1,500 bonus for newly hired Educational Diagnosticians, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Licensed Specialists in School Psychology, and Speech Language Pathologists
See the Compensation Manual for current school year stipends and additional information on stipend eligibility.
How much can you make as a first year teacher in AISD?
We've built our teacher compensation structure so that you're in control of your pay. Through stipend opportunities, sign-on bonuses, and our PPfT Compensation program, the base salary for AISD teachers is just the beginning.