Check out our 22-23 Updated Compensation
We've approved a $2,000 retention stipend for active, full-time employees; base pay increases for our teachers, librarians, bus drivers, and classified staff; and more!
Compensation and Incentives
From salaries to stipends, from healthcare to childcare, we are making an investment in our educators and staff. We're ensuring that when you call AISD your home, you're well taken care of in and out of the classroom.
Compensation and Salary
AISD values its employees and works hard to make sure they are appropriately compensated. We are setting the standard in Central Texas with our comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
How much can you make as a first year teacher in AISD?
We've built our teacher compensation structure so that you're in control of your pay. Through stipend opportunities, sign-on bonuses, and our PPfT Compensation program, the base salary for AISD teachers is just the beginning.
Stipends for 2021-22 School Year
$6,000 a year for Bilingual classroom teachers
Special Education Stipend
$2,000 a year for Special Education classroom teachers and eligible support staff
+ $500 if Life Skills, SBS and SCORES classroom teacher
Advanced Degree Teacher Stipend
$1,000 for teachers who hold a master's degree or higher.
National Board Certified Teacher Stipend
Stipends for National Board Certified classroom teachers, counselors, and librarians
See the Compensation Manual linked above for additional information on stipend eligibility.
- $1,500 bonus for newly hired Special Education classroom teachers
- $500 bonus for newly hired Special Education teacher assistants
- $1,500 bonus for newly hired bilingual classroom teachers
- $750 "Early-bird" bonus for eligible newly hired classroom teachers in hard-to-staff areas
Professional Pathways for Teachers and Leadership Pathways (PPfT)
PPfT gives teachers the opportunity to add permanent increases to their base salary by completing their own professional learning goals! PPfT blends appraisal, compensation, leadership pathways and professional development, and allows teachers to choose a pathway that best suits their needs and aspirations. Learn more on the PPfT page!
Health and Wellbeing Benefits
The district offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees and their families so that they are empowered to live healthy, balanced and fulfilling lives. We offer wellbeing incentives, employee assistance programs, and discounts to local health and wellness vendors in the area.
Learn more on our Benefits & Leave page.
- Discounted AISD Pre-K tuition for AISD employees
- Mentorships and support for all first, second, and third year teachers
- Cohorts for staff to find community, collaboration and support with their peers
- Employee discounts for housing, retail, and food with local vendors
- Leadership development opportunities for professional growth
- Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program