In Austin ISD, we are creating an environment of belonging where everyone has what they need to do the best work of their career and the desire to want to continue to do it here.
Austin ISD is committed to cultivating a sustainable work culture by building equitable & exceptional employee experiences. Collectively, we are working to provide our employees with the skills, recognition, and support needed to thrive and remain connected to the mission of Austin ISD.
The Employee Experience and Sustainability team strives to ensure that every employee has what they need to do the best work of their career, and they want to continue to do it right here in Austin ISD.
We do this by:
- Building trust through engaging in relational, effective, and efficient practices.
- Providing professional learning and resources to promote a positive culture and climate within our district.
- Fostering a sense of belonging and well being to maintain a welcoming, inclusive, and productive environment.
- Developing community partnerships to promote the retention of Black/African American and Hispanic/Latino(a) teachers. This is an ongoing process informed by data.
- Engaging in data-informed decisions to strategically implement district-wide sustainability efforts.
- Recognizing and celebrating the unique talents of our dedicated staff members.
- Promoting a customer service mindset and toolkit of best practices that lead to exceptional and equitable experiences for all AISD staff and stakeholders.
Employee Experience Supports
RAVE: Recognizing AISD's Valuable Employees
The RAVE Program was created to honor those who take the extra steps to provide equitable and exceptional experiences. If you had an exceptional experience interacting with an Austin ISD employee, nominate them for a RAVE award today!
As a part of Austin ISD’s commitment to workplace diversity and inclusion, we're proud to support community connections for employees with common interests or identities.
Employee Perks and Discounts
Local business partners reach out to AISD and want to show appreciation for your hard work by offering special perks to AISD employees.
Special Events and Recognitions
Salute Awards Gala - Salute is AISD's annual awards gala, co-hosted by the district and Austin Partners in Education. This fun and energetic event is an opportunity to recognize some of AISD's outstanding team members and volunteers for their continued dedication to student excellence and achievement in our schools. During Salute, AISD recognizes teachers of the year, classified staff of the year, PTA of the year, principal of the year, librarian of the year, counselor of the year and assistant principal of the year and teachers of promise.
- Retirement Recognition - A huge congratulations, thank you, and best wishes for the next adventure to our 2022-23 AISD Retirees!
Leadership Pathways Graduates - Leadership Pathways is an optional professional learning opportunity within the Professional Pathways for Teachers (PPfT) Talent Strategy System. This rigorous, two-year program supports teachers’ professional growth, development, and leadership in one of six district priority areas - Advanced Academics, Cultural Proficiency & Inclusiveness, Literacy, Problem-Based Learning, Social & Emotional Learning, and Transformative Technology.
Years of Service Recognition - AISD appreciates your ongoing dedication to our students. The years of service recognition program awards a service pin for each five year anniversary with the district. These pins are given out in May of each year and are just a small token of our appreciation for being a member of Team AISD.
Employee Experience Team
- Darla CaugheyDirector of Employee Experience
- Robert ChavezCoordinator of Employee Experience
- Emily Day BacomCoordinator of Employee Experience
- Maria "Lily" Jaimes-AvilesCustomer Service Representative - 1st Floor Reception
- Jackeline LaraCustomer Service Representative - 1st Floor Reception