Mapping Austin ISD through GIS
Geographic Information Systems, GIS for short, is a computer mapping system used to analyze and display spatial data. It allows you to view multiple layers of data simultaneously.
Mapping information supports district leadership, the board of trustees and community partners in understanding and responding to geographically diverse students and community needs. GIS is used in a variety of ways, including:
- Mapping locations of school and other district facilities
- Analyzing student demographic projections
- Displaying attendance area boundaries
- Mapping and analyzing locations of academic programming
- Mapping locations of community partners and services located at schools, and identifying gaps
Find my School
Find my Trustee
Download GIS Data
Data is packaged for use with GIS Software.
- School and facility locations revised 7/23/20
- District Boundary
- Trustee Boundaries
- ES Attendance Areas (School Year 2021-21)
- MS Attendance Areas (School Year 2021-22)
- HS Attendance Areas (School Year 2021-22)
Request a map
- Map requests should be submitted through the district’s procedure to obtain information.
Abby Weiss, AICP
4000 S. IH 35 Frontage, 4th Floor
Austin, TX 78704