Board Policy GKD (Local) permits public use of school facilities by non-school groups for educational, recreational, civic, or social activities, when these activities do not conflict with school use or Board Policy. Non-school groups are organizations other than school-sponsored groups (e.g., student clubs, school teams) and school support groups (e.g., PTAs, booster clubs).
- Organizations requesting use of school facilities must submit a Building Use Application to the school principal or designee for approval and signature three weeks prior to the date of the event.
- The following requirements for organizers and individuals involved in temporary food service operations in Austin and Travis County:
- An AISD Food Services employee MUST be present if AISD kitchens are used. If any food not prepared in an AISD kitchen will be served, a Temporary Food Event Permit must be obtained from the Austin/Travis County Health and Human Services Department (application attached).
- Contact the Food Services Manager at your campus at least 10 days prior to event. For large events, it may be necessary for the event organizer to meet 1 month prior to the event in order to properly plan food and sanitation facilities.
- Complete and submit the Temporary Food Event Information Form.
- Principal approves or disapproves the request and forwards the application to the Dept. of School, Family & Community Education/Facility Use at Baker Center, Suite 205.
- Principal makes custodian, utility and other arrangements necessary to support the facility use request.
- The Dept. of School, Family & Community Education sends the applicant written notification of the approval or disapproval of the facility use request with an invoice outlining payment due to cover cost of event.
- Policy requires all building/custodial fees be collected in advance so the AISD budget is not negatively affected. Payments received are deposited in the District’s general fund. Fifty percent (50%) of the Facility Use Fees are rebated to the campus.