Visit AISD's College and Career Readiness page for checklists and other important information.
Texas Common Application - ApplyTexas was created through a collaborative effort between the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and the colleges and universities represented on the site. The goal of the project is to offer a centralized means for both Texas and non-Texas students to apply to the many outstanding postsecondary institutions available in Texas.
The Common Application - The Common Application currently provides both online and print versions of its First-year and Transfer Applications. Nearly 400 institutions are members and represent the full range of higher education institutions in the US: public and private, large and small, highly selective and modestly selective, and East Coast, West Coast, and every region in between.
HBCU Common Application - EDU, Inc. was developed to augment the recruitment efforts of Historically Black Colleges and Universities, and to increase the number of educational opportunities for students nationwide. Complete the EDU, Inc. online application and have it delivered to 34 HBCU Member Institutions for $35.
The College Board
The College Board offers a variety of tools and resources to help you prepare and plan for college. Use the College MatchMaker to generate a list of colleges that match your preferences. Create and manage your personal list of colleges with My Organizer. Get ready for the SAT by taking an official, free practice test.
Includes information about registering for the ACT, test prep, financial need estimator, and tips on college and career planning.
Get ready for the SAT by taking an official, free practice test.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Free Application for Federal Student Aid
FAFSA - Apply for federal financial aid online.
Your Student's Naviance Family Connection page allows students and parents to:
- Communicate with Guidance and College Counselors via email
- Sign up to attend college presentations at your high school under "visit schedule GPA & Rank as well as test scores are updated regularly
- Complete important surveys and websites through Family Connection
- Research postsecondary options from college & career, to work & volunteering
- College Search and College Compare are great tools for students and families, they can help you select the colleges you are interested in applying to.
- Use Scattergrams to help categorize reach, target, and safety schools.
- Search scholarships and scholarship application links.
- Visit the Financial Aid website and get help
ScholarshipExperts.com employs a professional staff of data researchers to maintain an up-to-date database of over 2.4 million scholarships worth more than $14.7 billion.