The Austin ISD Learning Community is committed to preparing all students to graduate college, career and life ready!
We are focused on ensuring that our students are prepared for a changing and increasingly complex future; to cultivate the knowledge, skills, mindset of a lifelong learner in order to be successful beyond high school.
The Project Advance College Advisors; work in collaboration with School Counselors, AVID, GEAR UP Austin, other partner organizations and college access programs to create and promote a college-bound culture across all campuses.
Austin ISD partners with the Naviance Program for college, career and life readiness exploration and planning for middle and high school students. Naviance Student makes it easier than ever for students to answer the questions that will shape their future: Who am I? What do I want to be? How will I get there? And How will I succeed?
Students and families can access all the Naviance suite of tools and resources through the Naviance Student Portal.
(New feature: Naviance Student mobile App)
College Readiness Checklists 2019-20
Explore Career Opportunities
Explore opportunities based on your interests and work values, match characteristics of your current or most recent occupation with similar occupations, and find specific information such as the fastest growing jobs, levels of education and training requirements, and average salaries.
- Explore careers using Texas CARES
- Find a major, explore a career on CollegeBoard Access, Big Future
- Launch My Career: launchmycareertx.org
- Get Inspired with GenTX
- Texas Workforce Commission (TWC)
- Careers in the Military
- ACT Find a Major
Evaluate Expenses Against Careers
Estimate how much money you need for housing, utilities, transportation, clothes, health care, entertainment and other expenses, and see which careers will pay for these needs.
Find and Compare Colleges & Universities
College Scorecard (U.S. Department of Education) will help you find and compare college and university programs and costs, as well as compare types of possible financial aid.
- Compare colleges & universities using College Scorecard
- Explore and compare College Options
- NAVIANCE College Match
College Readiness & TSI (Texas Success Initiative)
The TSI is designed to measure college readiness skills in the areas of reading, writing and math. If you are student planning to enroll in college level coursework, you may need to take the TSI exam. Some students are EXEMPT from the TSI exam, provided they meet specific criteria. For more information about the TSI, visit: College Board/Accuplacer. College & Career Centers will have TSI test dates/information.
Compare your financial aid packages
- College Board/Big Future
- Savings Calculator
- Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan
- Family Guide to Saving for College
- Start earning micro-scholarships since the ninth grade to be awarded once you attend college
- Making The Most of Your Scholarship Search!
- College Board Opportunity Scholarships
Military/Veterans Legacy Funding for Dependents
Naviance offers a robust selection of college and career readiness tools and resources easily accessible to all our middle school and high school students, families, counselors and educators. Students can explore colleges and careers using research tools, career and personality assessments, and College SuperMatch!
Juniors and seniors are able to build a college list to keep track of transcript requests, college applications and teacher recommendations. These tools keep the college application process; organized, streamlined and allow full communication between students, counselors, college advisors and parents.
A Naviance account allows students and parents to communicate with Guidance and College Counselors; research post-secondary options from college & career, to work & volunteering; find and learn more about financial aid options and more. Learn more about Naviance.
Login to your school portal below and view available scholarships. Not an Austin ISD student or family? Be our guest! Select any school link below and sign in as a guest to view our scholarship listing. Password: aisd
- Akins ECHS/Contact: Sarah Simmons
- Anderson High School/Contact: Pam Mason
- Ann Richards for YWL/Contact: Eric Heineman
- Austin High School/Contact: Tara Miller
- Bowie High School/Contact: Carli Valverde
- Crockett ECHS/Contact: Michelle Snyder
- Eastside Memorial ECHS/Contact: Harry Brooks
- Garza Independence High School/Contact: Yvonne Espinoza
- Navarro ECHS/Contact: Lauren Discher
- LASA/Contact: Jamie Kocian
- LBJ ECHS/Contact: Sonia Baker
- McCallum High School/Contact: Nancy Nitardy
- Northeast ECHS/Contact: Jacklyn Curry
- Travis ECHS/Contact: Alex Duran