The Transportation and Air Quality Action Area works to increase mobility options for students, families, staff, and visitors, improve our campus air quality, and demonstrate positive action to address the challenges of climate change.
Commute Options for Staff
In 2015, Austin ISD joined the Mobility Challenge, pledging to expand sustainable mobility options for our employees. Current commuting options are listed below, with available discounts highlighted. These mobility options can lower your stress, minimize the time you spend driving or sitting in traffic, decrease the cost of your commute and increase fitness
Public Transit and Vanpools
- Use CapMetro Trip Planning for bus and light rail service
- Form a vanpool with other employees through vRide
- Get a “Guaranteed Ride Home” -for regular transit users
- B-Cycle discount for AISD employees: $10 off the Annual Local365 Membership with promo code “AISD2017”. Sign-up with your work email (@austinisd.org) to ensure the discount is applied
- Bike commuting resources, including safety classes, maps, and more from BikeAustin
- YMCA (for post commute showers) waives enrollment fees for Austin ISD employees -a $48 value.
- Most Austin ISD facilities have bicycle parking. Find yours here.
- Pedestrian Safety Tips ENG, Tips De Seguridad Para Peatones ESP
- Tips for starting a carpool at work
- Use MyCommuteSolutions to match with others on your route and get gift cards and other rewards!
- Carsharing can fill the gap if you use transit or bike but need to drive during the workday
- AISD Employees can receive a $30 free driving credit from Zipcar- Access via Beneplace portal
- Car2Go offers free registration and $5 driving credit to AISD employees, just use the enter “AISD” as the promo code when you register
To log your sustainable commute and win gift cards to local and national businesses, register at: MyCommuteSolutions.