Summer Food Truck Kick-Off on the East Lawn Thursday, June 9th from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Every Thursday in June and August at Central Office – Investing in our relationships with minority, women, and LGBTQIA+ owned businesses and the earth.
Hosted by the Historically Underutilized Business Program and the Sustainability Team
Austin Ed Fund Goal Meter
Featured Food Trucks of the Week
Week 3 Curbside - Thursday, June 23rd
KnightFire BBQ offers juicy Smash Burgers and BBQ sandwiches and garden burger options.
Hungry J's Pizza
Hungry J's Pizza is not your average pizza joint. Though we serve up each slice real quick, we’re anything but fast food. Our dough is hand tossed and every pie is made from scratch using only the finest ingredients -- and we do it all right from our truck. We’ve got a whole roster of other delicious bites, too, including subs, pastas, and salads.
Home baked goods that hit the spot! We are a Cottage Food Industry specializing in baked goods.
How to make Food Truck Thursdays an earth-friendlier event:
- Bring reusable utensils, plates, cups, and napkins to lunch
- Sort your waste into compost, recycle, and landfill bins
- Clean your reusables for next time!
Add Zero Waste to your eco-team explorations by:
- requesting a zero waste training for your team
- exploring solutions in our BLEND-hosted “Zero Waste Problem-Solving Zooms,” and
- sorting waste using our three-stream system: compost, recycle, and landfill.
Live or online bilingual sorting training by request for campuses (AISD login only)
What happens to our recyclables?
A Material Recovery Facility, or MRF, is where recyclables go after they leave the curbside bin. This video generalizes how a single stream MRF operates and how recyclables get sorted.