Every Thursday from June 1–August 3 we will be hosting Small, Minority and Women-owned, and LGBTQIA+ owned Food Trucks.
How to make Food Truck Thursdays an earth-friendlier event:
- Bring reusable utensils, plates, cups, and napkins to lunch
- Sort your waste into compost, recycle, and landfill bins
- Clean your reusables for next time!
Add Zero Waste to your eco-team explorations by:
- requesting a zero waste training for your team
- exploring solutions in our BLEND-hosted “Zero Waste Problem-Solving Zooms,” and
- sorting waste using our three-stream system: compost, recycle, and landfill.
Live or online bilingual sorting training by request for campuses (AISD login only)
What happens to our recyclables?
A Material Recovery Facility, or MRF, is where recyclables go after they leave the curbside bin. This video generalizes how a single stream MRF operates and how recyclables get sorted.