Compensation and Incentives
From salaries to stipends, from healthcare to childcare, we are making an investment in our educators and staff. We're ensuring that when you call AISD your home, you're well taken care of in and out of the classroom.
Compensation and Salary
AISD values its employees and works hard to make sure they are appropriately compensated. We’ve approved the largest across-the-board pay raise for all district employees in district history, and we are setting the standard in Central Texas with our comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Stipends for 2020-21 School Year
$6000 a year for Bilingual classroom teachers
Special Education Stipend
$2,000 a year for Special Education classroom teachers and eligible support staff
+ $500 a year if serving in Life Skills, Scores, and SBS settings.
National Board Certified Teacher Stipend
$2,000 a year for National Board Certified classroom teachers, counselors, and librarians
- $1,500 bonus for newly hired Special Education classroom teachers
- $500 bonus for newly hired Special Education teacher assistants
- $1,500 bonus for newly hired bilingual classroom teachers
- $750 "Early-bird" bonus for eligible newly hired classroom teachers in hard-to-staff areas
Professional Pathways for Teachers and Leadership Pathways (PPfT)
PPfT gives teachers the opportunity to add permanent increases to their base salary by completing their own professional learning goals! PPfT blends appraisal, compensation, leadership pathways and professional development, and allows teachers to choose a pathway that best suits their needs and aspirations. Learn more on the PPfT page!
Health and Wellbeing Benefits
The district offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees and their families so that they are empowered to live healthy, balanced and fulfilling lives. We offer wellbeing incentives, employee assistance programs, and discounts to local health and wellness vendors in the area.
Learn more on our Benefits & Leave page.
- Discounted AISD Pre-K tuition for AISD employees
- Mentorships and support for all first, second, and third year teachers
- Affinity Group cohorts for staff to find community, collaboration and support with their peers
- Employee discounts for housing, retail, and food with local vendors
- Leadership development opportunities for professional growth
- Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program