AISD Food Service Resources
Community Food Resources
- Austin ISD Family Resource Guide
- Central Texas Food Bank
- United Way for Greater Austin - ConnectATX
- Texas Health and Human Services - Call 2-1-1 or (877) 541-7905 to speak to a live operator.
- Sustainable Food Center - Food Access Programs
- Brighter Bites - Family Resources
- Good Apple - Emergency Grocery Delivery
SNAP/State-Funded Food Resources
Need help buying food for your family? Apply today for state-funded SNAP benefits at www.yourtexasbenefits.com. SNAP not only helps your family, but it also benefits your school. The more students who receive SNAP benefits, the more funds available to schools for education, meal programs, and more.
- Eligible families receive a state-funded Lone Star Card with a monthly allotment to purchase food for their household.
- If school meals are not free for all, students in SNAP households automatically receive free or reduced-price school meals without completing a meal benefits application.
- Families receiving SNAP are automatically eligible for other state funded programs, such as the Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT).
- These families may also be eligible for other no-cost or discounted resources, such as internet or college application fees.
There is a perception that participating in SNAP could affect immigration status or hurt a non-citizen’s chances of becoming an American citizen, but this is not true. It is important for non-citizens to know they will not be deported, denied entry to the country, or denied permanent status because they apply for or receive SNAP benefits.
This guide provides help in answering commonly asked questions about how to make good decision for your family and their health: