Breakfast and Lunch Menus Available Through SchoolCafé
- Menus, allergens and nutritional information can be viewed online or by downloading the mobile app on Apple or Android devices.
- Create an account or sign in as a guest and select campus to view menus.
- Menus can be printed by accessing SchoolCafé online.
- Users can select their campus, choose to view a daily, weekly or monthly menu and then choose the print-friendly option to print at home.
- The Make a Tray feature is for your informational and tracking purposes only. This meal will not be used for meal ordering.
For additional information contact AISD Dietitian Linley Danner at Linley.Danner@austinisd.org or at 512-414-0219.
AISD is proud to offer students healthy à la carte Smart Snacks at middle and high schools. Smart Snacks will not be available for purchase at elementary schools.
Smart Snacks Standards are a federal requirement for all foods sold outside the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program.
To qualify as a Smart Snack, the item must meet the following general nutrition standards:
- contains 50 percent or more whole grains by weight (whole grain listed as the first ingredient);
- the first ingredient is a fruit, vegetable, dairy product or protein food;
- contains at least one-quarter cup fruit and/or vegetables or
- meets nutrient standards for calories, sodium, sugar and fats.
Parents may set Smart Snack restrictions on a student's account by contacting their cafeteria manager.
Food Allergies/Special Diets
AISD AISD operates the National School Meals Program of the United States Department of Agriculture and follows the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) guidelines for accommodating children with special needs.
Menu changes may be provided for either:
- Students who have a disability that requires an Individual Education Plan or a 504 plan and also have a special dietary need.
- Students who do not have a disability covered by the Americans with Disability Act, but who have a disease that is life-threatening or a food allergy that requires immediate medical attention such as an EpiPen to treat anaphylactic shock.
Students who have allergies that need to be offered alternative menu items.
Students that have religious or other beliefs (ex. No, Pork, Vegetarian, Vegan) that require dietary modifications.
To receive menu changes:
- Obtain a copy of a Request for Dietary Accommodation form at the links below or from the school nurse.
- The form must be completed and signed by a medical doctor who is licensed to practice in Texas.
- Return the completed form to the school nurse or cafe manager.
- The form will be evaluated and the parent or guardian will be informed if the special need request meets the requirements of the regulations.
- Please contact your school cafeteria or AISD Dietitian at Linley.Danner@austinisd.org to request meal accommodations at curbside feeding sites.
For children who do not meet the definition of a disability or who do not have a food allergy or disease that is life threatening that requires alternate menu provisions, but have a food allergy can also have a physician fill out a "Request for Dietary Accommodation" form and reasonable accommodations will also be made for that student.
Allergens for all menu items can be found at www.schoolcafe.com.
No items containing peanuts or tree nuts are served from AISD cafeterias.
Vegetarian/Vegan Diets: Vegetarian options are offered daily on all AISD menus. Vegan options are available daily upon request. Please let the cafeteria manager know that your child is interested in a vegan option daily and we will make accommodations.
For additional information contact AISD Dietitian Linley Danner MS RD at Linley.Danner@austinisd.org or at 512-414-0219.
We offer catering options for any Austin ISD meeting or event. For more information contact your cafeteria manager or Diane Grodek or Amanda Gilroy at firstname.lastname@example.org.