Families can use the community resources below to find free meals in their area while Austin ISD offices, schools, and meal sites are closed from July 5-9:
Texas Health and Human Services - Call 2-1-1 or (877) 541-7905 to speak to a live operator.
Good Work Austin, a community of local restaurants, will provide free weekly meal packs for children and caregivers from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Thursday, July 8 at Pioneer Farms Blacksmith Shop (10621 Pioneer Farms Dr, Austin, TX 78754). Meals distributed at this event are made possible through funding from the City of Austin and community donations to the Austin Ed Fund's AISD Crisis Support Fund.
- AISD summer meal sites are listed below, or families may text FOOD or COMIDA to 512-229-9110 for help with locating free meals in their area.
- Summer meals are free for any child younger than 19 as well as those older than 19 who utilize special education resources or who are enrolled in school to complete the requirements for a high school diploma.
- Families have the option of picking up daily to-go meals during designated times at summer program sites or weekly meal packs at curbside locations each Thursday.
- Parents or caregivers may receive meals without children present by providing documentation — such as a birth certificate, student ID card, report card, or attendance record — at the meal service site.
- AISD will also provide free caregiver meals for adults with accompanying children or with the documentation listed above, at weekly curbside meal sites. The caregiver meal program is made possible through funding from the City of Austin and community donations to the Austin Ed Fund's AISD Crisis Support Fund. Caregiver meals are not available at daily to-go meal sites.
- All AISD meal sites are closed July 5-9.
- Summer meal locations, dates and times are subject to change.
- Summer Meals Frequently Asked Questions