International Welcome Center
405 Denson Dr., Portable 3 (Portables located on the Denson Dr. side of Reilly Elementary)
Austin, TX 78752
Office Hours/Horario de Oficina: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Hours for Assessments / Horario de Evaluaciones: 8 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
Please call for an appointment/Favor de llamar para hacer una cita.
The International Welcome Center provides important information about our schools to students and their families who are new to the United States in order to facilitate their acclimating to American culture while maintaining their identity.
The center serves as a liaison for students and families (Pre-K through 12), linking them to Austin ISD schools; empowering parents and guardians to advocate for their students’ success; and connecting students and families to school and community resources.
International Welcome Center Services also include:
- Family and student interviews and screenings
- Oral Language Proficiency Assessment in English
- Oral Language Proficiency Assessment in Spanish for qualifying elementary students
- Online registration assistance
- Family and student orientations which provide information on:
- Texas Compulsory Attendance Law
- 90% Rule for Attendance
- Overview of the school day
- Transportation options
- School Safety – explanation of different emergency drills
- Cyber Safety
- Dress code and school behavior expectations
- Parent Workshops for EL students at requesting AISD school campuses tailored to campus needs
- ESL AISD Parent Classes
- Adult Spanish Literacy Classes for AISD Parents
- Pre-LAS and LAS Links professional development
For support and more information, please contact Rebecca Ramirez the Austin ISD International Welcome Center at 512-414-6426 or 512-414-6268.