The Construction Management Department’s mission is to successfully plan, design, construct and complete educational and support facilities that promote this district’s Strategic Plan and Facility Master Plan in the most cost effective and innovative manner.
The Construction Management Department (CMD) is responsible for the daily management of all large capital construction projects. The majority of this work is associated with bond programs that have been approved by the voters and delegated by the Board and superintendent to the department for implementation. CMD is under the direction of Chief Financial Officer, Nicole Conley.
- Managing the bond programs, including reporting, master planning and development of major capital construction, including program definition, budgeting, scheduling and contract management at the program level as well as for each specific project.
- Soliciting and hiring architects, engineers and other professionals for all projects
- Soliciting, contracting and administering all construction activities for these projects
- Managing funds related to all projects and to ensure compliance with all rules, codes, regulations and laws associated with the design and construction of the facilities
- Assisting with coordination of all City of Austin permits and arranging for certificates
of occupancy and move in
- Maintaining the current design and construction guidelines and specifications for AISD construction
- Working with AISD’s Service Center and Campus Support, formerly Plant Improvements office related to maintenance issues/needs and incorporate their input into the district's standards
- Updating and maintaining all templates for professional services and construction contracts
- Supporting (with the help of other AISD departments) the maintenance of and updates to current Educational Specifications outlining the current design expectations for new schools
- Assisting in the development of the district’s Facility Master Plan (FMP) and long-term planning strategies
The Construction Technology Buidling at Crocket High School grand opening is October 12 of 2016. Students in the Construction Sciences program at Crockett High School have a new facility to receive hands-on training and skills. This latest installment supports students who plan careers in technology, construction, or 14 other career clusters. Learn more about Career and Technical Education programs at Austin ISD.
Find your contact for AISD Construction Management, Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) contracts, construction project managers and more by calling the Construction Management main office.