Translation (Written) Request
Requests for translation can be submitted using the following form. We ask you to please take a moment to go over the guidelines for submitting a request. For requests related to Special Education, please contact 512-414-4063.
The following Spanish translation services are provided year-round. Other languages may be available on a case-by-case basis with additional support from the Refugee Services Office:
- Central Office Departments – Translation services are available for materials essential for parent engagement and/or to promote a district-wide program or initiative. Some examples include:
- Web Content
- Parent Letters
- District Policies
- Registration Materials
- News Releases
- In addition, a specialized group of translators through the Multilingual Education Team handle specialized curriculum-related translations such as:
- Benchmark Tests
- Student Performance Guides
- Yearly Planning Guides
- Exemplar Lessons (PK-6)
- Middle School/High School Dual Language Worksheets
- Lesson Plans
- Publications, fliers and pamphlets related to English Learner materials that are curriculum related.
- Individual Schools –Translation services to individual schools are provided on a first-come, first-served basis depending on current workload. District-wide documents have priority. Some examples include:
- Parent Communication Letters
- Student Handbooks
- Generic Parent Release Forms
- Generic Field Trip Forms
Additional information to consider when requesting a translation:
- Requests will only be accepted electronically using the on-line request form.
- Providing a document that is clear and has been proofread prior to submission will facilitate the job of the translator. If there are ambiguities or errors, our office will contact you for clarification, which may delay the translation.
- If language support is needed in any language other than Spanish, we ask that the requester verifies that there will be an audience for the translated document.