Translation (Written) Request
Requests for translation can be submitted using the following form. We ask you to please take a moment to go over the guidelines for submitting a request. For related requests, please contact Special Education Department at 512-414-SPED (7733).
The following Spanish translation services are provided year-round. Other languages may be available on a case-by-case basis and depending on available funds:
- Central Office Departments – Translation services are available for materials essential for parent engagement and/or to promote a district-wide program or initiative. Some examples include:
- Web Content
- Parent Letters
- District Policies
- Registration Materials
- Individual Schools –Translation services to individual schools are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Some examples include:
- Parent Communication Letters
- Student Handbooks
- Generic Parent Release Forms
- Generic Field Trip Forms
Additional information to consider when requesting a translation:
- Requests will ONLY be accepted electronically using the on-line request form.
- Submit one file only 10 MB limit on one of the following editable formats: txt, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx. No PDFs or converted PDFs
Please do not submit converted PDFs. If a document is converted from .pdf to .doc, it is possible it may retain the .pdf formatting and our translation software will not read the document.
We cannot format/reformat documents or edit pictures.
Links for Google Docs, Sheets or Slides are not accepted
- Please don’t submit draft versions. Final ready to publish versions only.
The standard turn-around time is within 10 business days although this can vary due to workload as well as the length and complexity of the document. The translation team will contact you if we do not anticipate returning the document before this timeline.
We cannot translate copyrighted materials unless the proper permissions have been obtained.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-414-4581.
- Please email email@example.com or call 512-414-4581 to cancel any translation request.
Services available for a fee:
For languages of lesser diffusion or translations not covered by our office, the requester will be given the option to obtain services for a fee:
- As an industry standard, translations are charged per word and can vary between $0.10 - $0.65 per word, sometimes with a minimum translation fee.
- If you approved a quote for a translation to a language other than Spanish and would like to cancel, please let us know as soon possible. You may be able to only incur the cost of the translation of the document up to the point of cancellation as opposed to the cost of the fully completed document.
- Quotes are always available before you decide to proceed with the document. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-414-4581 if you would like to request one.