Request for Sign Language Interpretation
For Support with Admission, Review and Dismissal (ARD) Meetings, please contact the Special Education Department at 512-414-4063
The Department of Communications and Community Engagement (DCCE) through the Office of Translation and Interpretation (OTI) provides American Sign Language Interpretation services as required under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Amendments Act of 2008, and Board Policy GA (LEGAL).
The following services are provided
- 504 Meetings
- Discipline Hearings
- Early Childhood Screenings
- Back-to-School Nights
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Curriculum Nights
- PTA Meetings
- Award Ceremonies
- Requests will ONLY be accepted electronically using the on-line request form.
- ARD Meetings must be requested directly through the Special Education Department using a different form. Please contact the Special Education Department at 512-414-4063.
- If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-414-4581.
Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled start time. If the cancellation is made within 24 hours, the requesting campus or department will be billed for services as if they were delivered. Please email email@example.com or call 512-414-4581 to cancel your request.
Please provide the Zoom link with your request. We are unable to schedule an interpreter until we receive the Zoom link and meeting login information. Also, please let us know if the meeting will be recorded. We may have to adjust the interpreters' rate if they are on camera.
Services available for a fee
The following ASL services may be available for a fee to the requesting department or campus:
- School Plays (Please email script to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sports Meetings
- Concerts (Please email names of songs to email@example.com)
- Other events not listed
When requesting an interpreter, please keep in mind the following information:
- Please provide the name of the person receiving the services.
- Most assignments lasting over an hour will require two (2) interpreters. The interpreters will switch every 20-30 minutes.
- Events lasting longer than one (1) hour are also billed for one (1) additional hour of travel time (30 minutes before and 30 minutes after the event) per interpreter.
- While the fees are within the industry standard, they can vary depending on the time of day and duration of the interpreting encounter. Evening Requests or requests outside of normal business hours can generally result in a higher cost.
- You will be billed for the full amount of time for which the interpreter was scheduled, even if you finish early and allow the interpreter to leave before the scheduled end time.
- If you need a quote before submitting a request that will be covered by your department or campus, please contact the Office of Translation & Interpretation at 512-414-4581 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.