The Board of Trustees appointed volunteer citizens to the Community Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) to ensure that the projects remain faithful to the voter-approved bond program scope of work and to monitor and ensure the bond projects are completed on time, with quality and within budget.
The CBOC Charge
Purpose – The Board of Trustees appoints individuals to the CBOC to ensure that bond projects remain faithful to the scope of work approved by Austin voters. All bond projects will be overseen by the CBOC
Responsibilities – To accomplish its purpose, the CBOC shall have the followingresponsibilities:
- Providing a written report and any recommendations for corrective actions to the Board on the overall implementation of bond programs. The report is presented orally and/or in writing twice each year, and provides feedback and issues related to staff's presentation to the CBOC on the following topics:
- Overall budget status
- Oversight of quality and schedule
- Stakeholder satisfaction
- HUB utilization
- Any proposed substantive changes
- Issues and risks
- Communication strategies and methods
- Utilizing the report to provide perspective on key decisions and actions that have been taken by staff and the Board since the last report submitted to the Board.
- Maintaining a record of work and findings to inform the Board should another bond election be undertaken.
- Reviewing information from staff on expenditures of bond funds, and on the timelines and progress of the bond programs.
- Working with staff in assessing the levels of satisfaction of key campus stakeholders with the quality of work and rating of customer service.
- Reviewing and evaluating the survey results provided by staff.
- Evaluating any proposed changes to the individual scope of work to the voter-approved bond programs and communicating any noted concerns to the Board.
Contacting the CBOC
The public may communicate with members of the CBOC by:
- Submitting comments to the chairs prior to the meeting, who determine the content of the CBOC agendas.
- Meeting with chairs, apart from regular meeting, to discuss issues.