Skip to main content
GT Services within Austin ISD
- Austin ISD students identified as GT or Talent Explore will remain in the program even if they change schools within the district.
- No additional documentation or action needed.
Returning to Austin ISD after leaving the district
- The parent/guardian must contact the front office of the school to request the contact information for the campus GT Advocate to have the student reinstated by the district.
- Additional documentation may be required.
Requesting GT status in Austin ISD from out-of-district
- Students must be enrolled in Austin ISD. This process is only available to students identified as GT in school districts outside of Austin ISD.
- Parents/guardians will complete the Out-of-District Transfer Review Form.
- The campus will request the required student records that document previous GT identification before the review can begin.
- The student’s GT placement decision will be sent to the parent and campus GT Advocate via email after the review of student records is completed.