CDC COVID-19 Website - Learn about the coronavirus, its symptoms, and what to do if you are sick
Read our 2020-2023 ARP ESSER III Federal Grant Application, including the proposed budget and program descriptions as of July 28, 2021.
The AISD Department of Health Services supports the health of students, staff, and families.
This includes student health services provided through Dell Children's Medical Center and Ascension Seton in every campus health room, mental and behavioral health services in our School Mental Health Centers, vision and hearing screening as required by Board Policy FFAA, and Public Health initiatives to support wholistic student wellness i.e. COVID-19 response and immunizations.
REMINDER: In order for your child to be admitted to/remain in school, they must meet all the following requirements from a Health Services standpoint:
- They must be fully up to date on their vaccinations/immunizations (https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/schedule/default.shtm#easy).
- All prescription and non-prescription medications will require medical orders from providers and parental consent for student use/administration on campus.
- Student emergency contact information must be up to date at all times.
Clinical student health services provided on campus by the Health Services department include acute/illness care, case management of chronic conditions, psychological services, immunization compliance and management, management of communicable illness, patient education, environmental health, and pregnancy-related services.
The Health Services department also works closely with the AISD School Health Advisory Council, a board-appointed group of parents, community members, students, and school staff working together to improve the health of all students and families through coordinated school health programs.
Student Safety Concerns
- Student Health Services (immunizations, IHCPs, etc), Detra Gentry, djGentry@ascension.org
- School Mental Health Centers, Ellie Gamble, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Health, Donna Piket, email@example.com
- Student Medical Record Requests, HERE
Resources and Forms
General Health Information
- Bacterial Meningitis Information for Students and Parents (PDF in English and Spanish)
- Pertussis Information: English - Spanish
- Head Lice Policy & Resources
- AISD Nutrition Policy FAQs: English - Spanish
- Bed Bug Parent Letter - English
- Bed Bug Parent Letter - Spanish
- Bed Bug Fact Sheet
- TexasFlu.org (DSHS)
- Flu Printables (DSHS)
- The Flu: A Guide for Parents (CDC): English - Spanish
- Information about Sports Physicals
- Student Accident Insurance Documents (zipped PDF files)
- Tx DSHS Allergy & Anaphylaxis Guidelines
- AISD Temperature/Weather Guidelines
Campus Health Forms
- Seizure Care - Information for Parents; Orders from Physician
- Medication Administration at School: English - Spanish
- Diabetes Orders and Treatment Plan
- Authorization for Asthma Med at School
- Authorization for Antihistamine at School (elementary) (middle/high)
- Allergy & Anaphylaxis Management Info
- Allergy & Anaphylaxis Parent Form
- Authorization for Admin of Epi-Pen at School
- Allergy Aware Campus Poster
- Symptoms of Allergic Reaction Poster
- Physician Orders Allergy & Anaphylaxis
- Request for Dietary Accommodations
- Student Allergy Letter