CDC COVID-19 Website - Learn about the coronavirus, it's symptoms, and what to do if you are sick
Read our 2020-2023 ARP ESSER III Federal Grant Application, including the proposed budget and program descriptions as of July 28, 2021.
The AISD Department of Health Services supports the health of students, staff, and families.
This includes student health services provided through Dell Children's Medical Center and Ascension Seton in every campus health room, mental and behavioral health services in our School Mental Health Centers, vision and hearing screening as required by Board Policy FFAA, and Public Health initiatives to support wholistic student wellness i.e. COVID-19 response and immunizations.
Clinical student health services provided on campus by the Health Services department include acute/illness care, case management of chronic conditions, psychological services, immunization compliance and management, management of communicable illness, patient education, environmental health, and pregnancy-related services.
The Health Services department also works closely with the AISD School Health Advisory Council, a board-appointed group of parents, community members, students, and school staff working together to improve the health of all students and families through coordinated school health programs.
Student Safety Concerns
- Student Health Services (immunizations, IHCPs, etc), Loree LaChance - Seton 512-324-0195
- School Mental Health Centers, Ellie Gamble, 512-414-4434
- Public Health, Skylar Love, 512-414-4434
- COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics, Hannah Gehl, 512-414-4434
- Vision and Hearing Screening, email@example.com
- Student Medical Record Requests, HERE
Resources and Forms
General Health Information
- Bacterial Meningitis Information for Students and Parents
- Pertussis Information
- Head Lice Policy & Resources
- AISD Nutrition Policy FAQs
- Bed Bug Parent Letter & Resources
- TexasFlu.org (DSHS)
- Flu Printables (DSHS)
- The Flu: A Guide for Parents (CDC)
- Information about Sports Physicals
- Student Accident Insurance Documents (zipped PDF files)
- AISD Temperature/Weather Guidelines
Campus Health Forms
- Seizure Care - Information for Parents; Orders from Physician
- Medication Administration at School (elementary) (middle/high)
- Diabetes Orders and Treatment Plan
- Authorization for Asthma Med at School
- Authorization for Antihistamine at School (elementary) (middle/high)
- Allergy & Anaphylaxis Management Info
- Allergy & Anaphylaxis Parent Form
- Authorization for Admin of Epi-Pen at School
- Allergy Aware Campus Poster
- Symptoms of Allergic Reaction Poster
- Tx DSHS Allergy & Anaphylaxis Guidelines
- Physician Orders Allergy & Anaphylaxis
- Request for Dietary Accommodations
- Student Allergy Letter