The Austin ISD Off-Campus Physical Education Program (OCPE) is designed to accommodate students who are pursuing high-level skills in a specific activity that exceeds what the school district can offer through the general physical education program. OCPE allows students in 7th through 12th grade to earn credits that meet the district and state physical education requirements. In Austin ISD, only agencies that have been district trained can provide OCPE credit. Part of the requirements include utilizing the AISD OCPE curriculum.
Students in OCPE are expected to be physically educated and physically active. They are expected to demonstrate skill development, learned physical activity, health concepts and social development.These skills and knowledge are assessed through participation in the selected physical activity and tested through written assignments and exams based on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for Physical Education.
Student Application process for Austin ISD Off-Campus Physical Education Program
- The Student Application which requires 4 signatures, and the Release of Liability form must be completed, before the application can be approved.
- Late applications will not be accepted:
- Deadline Dates for student applications:
- Fall semester: Due by May 15
- Spring semester: Due by Nov 15
- Deadline Dates for student applications:
- Student applications must be submitted via email to OCPE@austinisd.org
- Limited Exceptions can be made for newly enrolled students up to a week prior to the 1st day of each semester
- Additional Physical Education information may be found in the Secondary Student Information Guide
Agency Application process to become an Approved Austin ISD Off-Campus PE Agency
Agencies applying for the following school year must have applications in by February 15. The cooperative agreement and all other required documentation for new agencies is due by March 15.
- Agencies may contact OCPE@austinisd.org to get additional information regarding the approval process.
- To ensure time for application processing and training, February 15 is the last day new OCPE Agency applications will be accepted for the upcoming school year:
- The approval process includes evidence of CPR/AED/First Aid Certification, Criminal History Background Check, Instructor qualifications, and Agency Insurance
- Each Agency Coordinator must also be trained in the TEKS based PE curriculum, taking attendance, grading, and submitting grades to campuses.
OCPE Approved Agency List 2023-24
|Anderson Girls Lacrosse (HS Spring Only)||Lacrosse||Alexandra Rossfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Austin Bouldering Project– Springdale||Rock Climbing||Elday Kornbergemail@example.com|
|Austin Bouldering Project– Westgate||Rock Climbing||Elday Kornburgfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Austin Rowing Club||Rowing||Liz Greenemail@example.com|
|Crenshaw Athletic Club||Gymnastics||Gil Elsasfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Journey Martial Arts||Martial Arts||Darlene Khosrowpouremail@example.com|
|Kuk Sool Won of Oak||Martial Arts||Barbara Weissfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Longhorn Aquatics, Diving & Water Polo||Swimming/Diving/Water Polo||Bridgette Rhoadesemail@example.com|
|Martial Way Austin||Martial Arts||Larry St. Clairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Power Spot Climbing||Rock Climbing||Jason Syestaemail@example.com|
|South West Austin Tennis||Tennis||Kevin Clarkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tae Kwon Do Plus||Tae Kwon Do||Richard Johnsonemail@example.com|
|Texas Fencing Academy||Fencing||Jennifer Leefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Texas Rowing Center||Rowing||Anna Ohrstromemail@example.com|
|Tiger Rock Martial Arts of Oak Hill||Martial Arts||Frank Maddoxfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Westwood Aquatics||Swimming||Trey Kohlhausenemail@example.com|
|Your Yoga (HS only)||Yoga||Dixie Metzfirstname.lastname@example.org|
The deadline for AISD OCPE approved agency applications has passed for the 2023–2024 school year. For more information about becoming an approved OCPE agency or to be added to the OCPE waitlist, please call 512-414-1700 x 54466