What is DonorsChoose?
DonorsChoose is a crowdfunding platform that is available for teachers and staff who work with students at least 75% of the time. Teachers can submit projects with a fundraising goal and an itemized budget using one of DonorsChoose's approved vendors. Once you reach your goal, DonorsChoose then purchases the items and ships them directly to your campus. No money is ever deposited to your campus.
How Does DonorsChoose Work?
- Develop the project plan and details using the Proposal Outline Builder.
- Log into DonorsChoose to create your account. You will need to use an AISD email address for the username.
- Next, create a new DonorsChoose campaign with a fundraising goal, and select the budget items from DonorsChoose’s approved vendor directory. Be sure to tell a story about the project.
- Once the teacher submits the campaign for approval, DonorsChoose staff reviews and approves the campaign.
- Finally, the campaign goes live on DonorsChoose, and the link can be shared with the school community to begin fundraising. DonorsChoose will also fundraise through their extended network of donors and partners.
- If the fundraising goal is met within the timeline, DonorsChoose will purchase the budget items and ship them directly to the school. No money is transacted between DonorsChoose and teachers. If the goal is not met, donations may be returned to the donors.
How Can I Support an Austin ISD Project on DonorsChoose?
Click the button below to view and support Austin ISD projects currently fundraising on DonorsChoose:
Resources to Get Started on DonorsChoose