Welcome to the AISD Dual Language Mandarin Chinese Program
The mission of Austin ISD Multilingual Education is to promote academic excellence by addressing the linguistic, cognitive and affective needs of multilingual learners.
Dual language helps students excel academically while becoming bilingual, biliterate, and bicultural. The program is committed to educating students in a multicultural learning environment and encouraging learners to celebrate diversity and become responsible citizens of the world. Dual-language students participate in a rigorous academic program that follows the AISD academic standards and curriculum. Austin ISD currently offers Dual Language programs in Vietnamese, Mandarin, and Spanish.
Doss first-graders learning from Crystal Law during Chinese calendar time.
Joslin kindergarten students sharing with Tutu Wang during circle time.
Reilly pre-kindergarten students learning about attentive listening with Shengnan Wang.
In the Media:
- National Blue Ribbon School Winner, Reilly (2020)
- National Blue Ribbon School Profile, Reilly and Principal Saenz’s leadership (2020)
- School Long on Austin’s Closure List Could Become Mandarin Immersion magnet by Elizabeth Weise (Summer 2020)
- A New Vision for AISD’s Joslin Elementary with TEA Grant (Fall 2019)
- Joslin Elementary Transforming Into Foreign Language Academy article by Tai Moses (Fall 2019)
- 18,000 Central Texas Children Learn in Dual-Language Classrooms by Julie Chang (Fall 2016)
- Austin Statesmen photo gallery (Fall 2016)