Facts and Figures
- Location: 2608 Richcreek Rd., Austin TX 78757
- Estimated Cost of Proposed Projects: $17,000
- Project Type: Repurpose + Renewal Project
- Existing Capacity: 352
- Planned Capacity: N/A
- 2016/2017 Utilization: 89%
Facility Condition Assessment
- Excellent: 90-100
- Good: 70-89
- Average: 50-69
- Fail: ≺ 30
Educational Suitability Assessment
The 2004, 2008 and 2013 bond programs included the following improvements to Lucy Read Pre-K School: The renovation of the campus to improve ADA compliance; renovation and expansion of the Library Media Center; construction of site drainage improvements in the courtyard; repair/replacement of 2,000+ SF of roofing and gutters and downspouts in selected areas; replacement of HVAC system boiler and HVAC system equipment, piping and controls in selected classrooms and other designated areas; installation of a new kitchen walk-in freezer; and the installation of safety and security enhancements and technology upgrades.
Scope of Work 2017 Bond
- Demolish Existing Structure to Build a New Rosedale School (See Rosedale Bond and Construction Projects page)
- Existing Read Pre-K Students will be Reassigned to Home Schools
- Technology: Teacher Computers (To Move with Teachers after Demo)
Through the 2017 Bond Program, Lucy Read students will return to their home school campuses, including Cook, McBee, Wooldridge and Doss Elementary Schools, where they were originally intended to be served. This transition will also make way for the new Rosedale School, which will receive a fully-modernized campus on the Lucy Read site. Working as a team, staff and parents will continue to create a community of learners committed to educating every student, every day.
Contracts are subject to be rebid; timeline depends on board approval.
Multi Campus Project Status
|School/Facility (per 2017 Bond Book)||Bond Book||Project Budget*||Current Amount||Committed||Expended**|
Note: Contingency funds to be prioritized for overcrowding relief for the Northwest, Blazier, Cowan and Baranoff communities.
*Difference between 2017 Bond Book Amount and Project Budget is reserved for work in later phases, program-wide bond services, technology, administration and contingency.
** Commitments are unpaid expense obligations such as requisitions and purchase orders.
- Bond Book – Voter approved amount including administrative overhead.
- Project Budget – Amount approved.
- Current Budget – Amount approved.
- Committed – Contracts approved.
- Expended – Amount actually spent.
2017 Bond Districtwide Financials
Published: Data is from the August 13, 2019, CBOC report. More information can be found here on the CBOC page.
Proposed Construction Schedule
Previous Bond Program Projects
Questions or Comments
Your feedback is welcome!
Contact us by phone or contact below.