The public can view the meeting on zoom (more details on the agenda).
The responsibilities of the School Safety & Security Committee shall include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing emergency plans, consistent with the district multi-hazard emergency operations plan, to ensure that specific campus, facility, and support service needs are addressed.
- Periodically providing recommendations to the Board and Superintendent regarding updating the district multi-hazard emergency operations plan, in accordance with established best practices.
- Providing the district with any campus, facility, or support services information required in connection with safety and security audit or other reports.
- Reviewing each report required to be submitted by the district to the Texas School Safety Center to ensure that the report contains accurate and complete information regarding each campus, facility, and support services in accordance with established criteria.
- Consulting with local law enforcement agencies on methods to increase law enforcement presence near district campuses.
Meetings are open to all interested persons please see the Communications and Visitor Guidelines on the Advisory Bodies page. For more information, contact David Simon, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the School Safety and Security Committee webpage.