What is the Multilingual Education Advisory Committee?
Austin ISD’s Multilingual Education Advisory Committee (MEAC) works to inform and advise the school district on matters related to students who are language learners.
The committee has three specific functions:
- Help the school district make decisions on program planning, funding, staffing, designing, and evaluation of the district’s language programs.
- Consult with Austin ISD about concerns, reports, and recommendations to be submitted to the Superintendent or Board of Trustees.
- Help develop resources that educate parents, the community, and the district on issues related to students in the district's language programs.
MEAC is composed of five membership categories:
- Parents of AISD students enrolled in the district's language programs.
- Community representatives.Representantes de la comunidad.
- Business representatives.
- Administrators representing elementary and secondary levels.
- Campus staff members, including Bilingual, ESL and world language teachers
Aileen Passariello, Sunset Valley Elementary School
Esther Williams, Small Middle School
Krystal Gomez, Becker Elementary School
Linda Santos, Galindo Elementary School
Lindsey Ip, Zilker Elementary School
Nu Chanpheng, Small Middle School
Peter Partheymuller, Lively Middle School
Shelli Hix (Co-Chair), Lively Middle School School
Danielle Sanders, Assistant Principal - Galindo Elementary School
Priscilla S. Emamian (Co-Chair), Principal - Cook Elementary School
Sarah Tannier, Assistant Principal - Lively Middle School
lanca Galvez-Perez (Bil), Andrews Elementary School
Brenda Townsend (ESL), International High School
Kim Nguyen, Summitt Elementary School
Maria Sebastian (Bil), Perez Elementary School
Mariel Early (ESL), Small Middle School
Theresa Le, Murchison Middle School
Thuy Nguyen (Bil), Summitt Elementary School
Wayne Lopes (ESL), Menchaca Elementary School
Alicia Adame, Think Bilingual Austin
Angela Pak-Zia, Think Bilingual Austin
David DeMathews, University of Texas
Tracey Flores, University of Texas
Maria Arabbo, E3 Alliance
Sonia Dominguez, AVANCE
Austin ISD Multilingual Education Team
David Kauffman, Executive Director
Alejandro Góngora, Assistant Director of Elementary Multilingual Education
Ana Rojas, Executive Assistant
Erin Aucoin-Barbier, World Languages Coordinator
Maria Alanis, Assistant Director of Secondary Schools
Patrick Harboure, Administrative Supervisor-Bilingual/ESL Compliance
Pedro Gonzales, Dual Language Secondary Coordinator
Austin ISD Department of Communications & Community Engagement
Leonor Vargas, Administrative Supervisor of Parent Programs
How Can I Learn More?
To join the Multilingual Education Advisory Committee or for more information, please call 512-414-4734.