What is the Multilingual Education Advisory Committee?
Austin ISD’s Multilingual Education Advisory Committee (MEAC) works to inform and advise the school district on matters related to students who are language learners.
The committee has three specific functions:
- Help the school district make decisions on program planning, funding, staffing, designing, and evaluation of the district’s language programs.
- Consult with Austin ISD about concerns, reports, and recommendations to be submitted to the Superintendent or Board of Trustees.
- Help develop resources that educate parents, the community, and the district on issues related to students in the district's language programs.
MEAC is composed of five membership categories:
- Parents of AISD students enrolled in the district's language programs.
- Community representatives.
- Business representatives.
- Administrators representing elementary and secondary levels.
- Campus staff members, including Bilingual, ESL and world language teachers
How Can I Learn More?
How Can I Join?
A standard membership application is provided in the District Advisory Bodies section.