What is the Multilingual Education Advisory Committee?
Austin ISD’s Multilingual Education Advisory Committee (MEAC) works to inform and advise the school district on matters related to students who are language learners.
The committee has three specific functions:
- Help the school district make decisions on program planning, funding, staffing, designing, and evaluation of the district’s language programs.
- Consult with Austin ISD about concerns, reports, and recommendations to be submitted to the Superintendent or Board of Trustees.
- Help develop resources that educate parents, the community, and the district on issues related to students in the district's language programs.
MEAC is composed of five membership categories:
- Parents of AISD students enrolled in the district's language programs.
- Community representatives.Representantes de la comunidad.
- Business representatives.
- Administrators representing elementary and secondary levels.
- Campus staff members, including Bilingual, ESL and world language teachers
Dariela Villanueva De Domínguez, Ann Richards For Young Women Leaders
Dulce Hernández, Perez Elementary School & Lively Middle School
Kevin Jackson, Mills Elementary School & Gorzycki Middle School
Krystal Gómez, Becker Elementary School
Lindsey Ip, Zilker Elementary School
Nu Chanpheng (Co-Chair), Small Middle School
Peter Partheymuller, Lively Middle School
Shelli Hix, Austin High School
Gabriela Campos, Assistant Principal - Dobie Middle School
Priscilla S. Emamian, Principal - Cook Elementary School
Travis Barrett (Co-Chair), Interim Principal - Becker Elementary School
Blanca Gálvez-Pérez, Andrews Elementary School
Brenda Townsend, International High School
Kim Nguyen, Summitt Elementary School
María Sebastian, Perez Elementary School
Mariel Early, Small Middle School
Theresa Le, Murchison Middle School
Thuy Nguyen, Summitt Elementary School
Brandy Cheung, Doss Elementary School
Alicia Adame, Think Bilingual Austin
Angela Pak-Zia, Think Bilingual Austin
Laura Chris Green, Independent Consultant
Tracey Flores, University of Texas
María Arabbo, Amala Foundation
Sonia Domínguez, AVANCE
Austin ISD Multilingual Education Team
Ana Rojas, Executive Assistant
David Kauffman, Executive Director
Erin Aucoin-Barbier, World Languages Coordinator
María Alanís, Assistant Director of Secondary Schools
Patrick Harboure, Administrative Supervisor-Bilingual/ESL Compliance
Pedro Gonzales, Dual Language Secondary Coordinator
School, Family & Community Education
Leonor Vargas, Administrative Supervisor of Parent Programs
How Can I Learn More?
To join the Multilingual Education Advisory Committee or for more information, please call 512-414-4734.