The district's top concern during this time is the health and safety of our students, staff, and community. Although AISD campuses are currently closed, we will facilitate continuous learning opportunities for our students and District operations will continue. SAFA staff are working remotely and are available to assist you via email, phone, or virtual meeting. Please reach out to us via email (for quickest response) or by leaving a phone message and we will return your call as soon as possible. For AISD related emergencies, you can always call AISD Campus Police at (512) 414-1703. We look forward to connecting with you soon—stay safe!
State, Federal & Private Accountability is responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance with federal, private and state entitlement grants, including regulations pertaining to Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Disseminating grant and funding announcements
- Assisting in securing required information for grant development
- Reviewing and processing grant requests from departments and campuses
- Training campus and department bookkeepers and administrators on effective grant compliance and management
Our vision is to meet all state and federal compliance standards that provide all students a high quality education.
Our mission is to support connecting campus and district initiatives and priorities through ethical, equitable and fiscally responsible management of all district funds entrusted to our department.
- Clarity in Communication
- Timely Dissemination of Information
- Fiscal Responsibility in Grant Management and Compliance
- Modeling Successful Team Collaboration
- To Be Audit Ready, Every Day
- Provide technical assistance and support to administrators/teachers related to the programmatic and budgetary compliance on:
- Title I, Part A (Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged)
- Title I, Part D (Neglected and Delinquent)
- Title II, Part A (Teacher and Principal Training and Recruiting)
- Title III, Part A (ELA)
- Title III, (Immigrant)
- Title IV, Part A (Safe and Drug Free Schools and Communities)
- Private/Non Public School Federal Grants
- All City, State, Federal, and Private funding
- Support bookkeepers, central office staff, and office managers in relation to grant management
- Assist with Campus Improvement Plan (CIP) development, Explanation of Expenditures, and compliance forms.
- Liaison to private schools implementing state and federal requirements