Austin ISD is holding a Pre-K Enrollment Fair from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, July 20 at Crockett Early College High School, 5601 Manchaca Road.
Studies show enrolling early in school helps children get a head start and improves their chances for a successful future.
The district offers free Pre-K for eligible 3-and 4-year-olds at campuses throughout the district. Additionally, at more than a dozen schools, AISD offers a dual language Pre-K curriculum.
The fair is a chance to meet staff, learn about programs at campuses across the district and register eligible students for free Pre-K.
Pre-K is available to families tuition-free if the child meets one of the following criteria:
- Qualifies for free or reduced cost lunch;
- speaks a language other than English as their main language;
- has an active military parent;
- has a military parent who has been injured or killed in active duty;
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award;
- is homeless; or
- has been served by Child Protective Services.
The Pre-K Enrollment Fair is for all the Pre-K programs at schools throughout AISD. Refreshments and child-friendly activities will be provided.
To register families will need to bring:
- Current paycheck stub or SNAP eligibility documentation;
- proof of residence, gas or electric bill, or lease agreement;
- child’s official birth certificate or equivalent;
- up-to-date immunization record;
- parent/guardian photo ID; and
- child’s social security card, if the child has one.
For more information on the Pre-K opportunities available visit the Early Childhood Education webpages.