Now Accepting Applications
Your child's journey to Pre-K starts here. Now accepting applications for the Fall 2023-24 school year. And still accepting applications for the 2022-23 school year.
Be sure to select the appropriate school year when you are prompted to apply.
Pre-K at Austin ISD
Now accepting applications for the Fall 23-24 School Year for the Pre-K Dual Language Program. You must complete both the Pre-K Application and the Dual Language Application in order to be considered for placement. Please follow the process below:
*Pre-K families do not apply through Common App.
Steps to apply to Pre-K Dual Language:
- Complete online registration for the 2023-2024 school year (opens January 16)
Complete the Pre-K Application (Now available Spring 2023)
- Complete the Dual Language section of the Pre-K application
- Complete the paper Pre-K 4 Dual Language Application:
PreK4 DL Application_English Version
PreK4 DL Application_Spanish Version
- Submit required documents as requested
Here’s How the Pre-K Transfer Process Works at Austin ISD
The Pre-K transfer process at AISD works differently than our K-12 transfer process.
- The window for all Pre-K transfers opens Monday, April 3rd 2023
- An online transfer application can be submitted at that time
- The Out of District transfer application can be accessed online through the portal
- The Pre-K Dual Language Application includes a transfer request as needed. Once approved for the Dual Language Program, the student will be placed at a campus and additional documentation may be requested.
- Transfers will be processed once Pre-K eligibility has been verified in the order in which received
- Decision notification will be sent from the Office of Student Services
Austin ISD Pre-K offers a nurturing, challenging environment to help children develop the skills they need to succeed throughout their school career. Pre-K years are a period of rapid growth for a child, and the key concepts they develop in the Pre-K classroom directly correlate to their future academic success.
AISD offers Pre-K for 3- and 4-year-olds at schools throughout the city. Every Pre-K class is taught by a certified teacher who has been specially trained to work with young learners. The student/teacher ratio for Pre-K3 is 17:2 and the student/teacher ratio for Pre-K4 is 22:2.
Pre-K classes follow the Texas Prekindergarten Guidelines and use a research-based curriculum. Pre-K academic lessons are interwoven with purposeful play and social activities. Schedules vary from campus to campus, so check with your child's school for specifics.
Please visit the Pre-K3 or Pre-K4 websites to learn more about the programs and eligibility process.
For questions about Pre-K please ask Let’s Talk or call 512-414-PreK (7735).
School relationships are the foundation of children’s success and well-being. Austin ISD is committed to providing a variety of parent and family engagement support services to family members of students. These services are part of the district’s vision and mission to provide a comprehensive, high-quality, engaging educational experience for all students.
- Facilitate and establish a welcoming school environment that is linked to strengthening family-to-family support
- Establish a network of community resources
- Increase family participation in decision making
- Equip families with tools to enhance and extend learning
- Develop staff skills in evidence-based practices that support families in meeting their children’s learning benchmarks
- Evaluate family engagement efforts and use evaluations for continuous improvement