After an extensive search and assessment process, Austin ISD has selected Aetna to provide district staff members with a variety of cost-effective health insurance plan options.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2015, Aetna will replace our longtime partner, BlueCross BlueShield of Texas. The following aspects were significant in guiding our evaluation and selection process:
- A variety of plan choices
- Seamless integration of services—medical, pharmacy and disability
- Reduced premium options both for employees and for those with dependents
We will now be offering four health plans. The Aetna Platinum Choice and Gold Choice options are PPO plans with in-network and out-of-network choices. The Gold Seton Select and HSA Seton Select plans are a new and innovative concept for AISD aimed at providing all employees with affordable health care options.
Want to learn more?
Aetna is working with the AISD benefits team to conduct employee informational meetings to coincide with the open enrollment taking place Oct. 1–31:
- Oct. 1: 9:30–10:30 a.m., 10:30-11:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Nelson Bus Terminal, 7400 Berkman Drive
- Oct. 2: 10:30–11:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Southeast Bus Terminal, 7200 Bluff Springs Road
- Oct. 3: 10:30–11:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Saegert Bus Terminal, 3300 Jones Road
- Oct. 6: 6:30–7:30 a.m. Service Center, 5101 E. 51st St.
- Oct. 9: 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. CAC, 1111 W. Sixth St.
This year, everyone is required to make a benefits selection. These informational meetings will be a great opportunity to learn more about what is new for 2015 so employees can make informed benefit decisions.
We look forward to seeing everyone at our presentations and during open enrollment!
AISD Benefits Office