Special Education Advisory Committee
The AISD Special Education Advisory Committee is a long standing committee of over 15 years composed of teachers, principals, business representatives, community representatives, and parents of students who receive special education services. The purpose of SEAC is to assist AISD administration, parents, and Board of Trustees to support students with special needs.
Special Education Advisory Council Members 2019-20
- Lisa Flores, Bilingual Parent
- Jolene Sanders, Community Member
- Maria Hernandez, Business, Representative
- Dr. Lance Kinney, Parent
- Chad Johnson, Parent
- Enrique Trejo, Parent
- Patricia Carley, Parent
- Eric Oyler, Parent
- Brian Mangum, Parent
- Shirra Hanna, Parent
- Permal Amin, Parent
- Jessica Bailey-Sanchez, Parent
- Shelly Grabe, Parent
- Heather Merritt, Austin ISD Special Education Teacher
- Raul Sanchez, Austin ISD Webb Middle School Principal
- Angelo San Segundo, Austin ISD Wooten Elementary Principal
- Dr. Akweta Hickman, Austin ISD Executive Director Special Education
- Chad Ouellette, Austin ISD Assistant Director
- Helen Miller, Community Member
How can I become a member?
To apply for membership, fill out the standard membership application that is provided in the District Advisory Bodies section.