What is ACE Austin?
ACE Austin is an expanded learning program that takes place before school, afterschool, and in the summer.
ACE Austin is funded by the 21st Century Community Learning Centers grant and administered by the U.S. Department of Education. ACE Austin programming is completely free to participants, including ongoing family engagement opportunities. Student activities are offered for at least 15 hours per week outside of the regular school day and for six weeks in the summer.
Each ACE Austin program is managed by a full-time Site Coordinator who works with school leadership to supplement and support the academic and social-emotional needs of the campus.
ACE Austin offers activities in four component areas: academic assistance, academic enrichment, college and career readiness, and family engagement.
Every ACE Austin program offers supplemental support in reading and math. Other activity topics may include: writing, science, engineering, robotics, dance, theater, music, visual art, sports, martial arts, nutrition, scouting, and Texas Success Intuitive (TSI) preparation.
ACE Austin partners with a wide variety of community organizations and district programs. Including: 4-H CAPITAL, Creative Action, It’s Time Texas, Phoenix House, and Victory Tutoring.
What are the goals of ACE Austin?
- To support the needs of the campus community through supplemental academic enrichment and meaningful family engagement.
- To help improve student outcomes in academics, attendance, and behavior.
- To provide a safe and supportive environment for students outside of school hours.
- ACE Austin evaluation reports available on AISD's Department of Research and Evaluation website.
- Find more information about Texas 21st Century Community Learning Centers on the TEA website.
Campuses currently served by ACE Austin
- Allison Elementary
- Bedichek Middle School
- Dobie Middle School
- Eastside Memorial Early College High School
- Govalle Elementary School
- Houston Elementary School
- Langford Elementary School
- Linder Elementary School
- Martin Middle School
- Mendez Middle School
- Oak Springs Elementary School
- Ortega Elementary School
- Palm Elementary School
- Paredes Middle School
- Perez Elementary School
- Reagan High School
- Rodriguez Elementary School
- Widen Elementary School
- Wooten Elementary School
- T.A. Brown Elementary School