Process to Request a Student Transfer
The deadline for priority transfers and general transfers for lottery has been extended to March 1.
El plazo para las transferencias prioritarias y las transferencias generales de lotería se ha extendido hasta el 1° de marzo.
Please call before coming to AISD Central Office in person to see if we are providing curbside service: 512-414-1726.
Favor de llamar antes de venir en persona a la Oficina Central para saber si estamos ofreciendo servicios desde la banqueta: 512-414-1726.
The Austin ISD will begin accepting transfer requests for in district students for the 2021-2022 school year beginning on Tuesday, January 26, 2021. Non AISD employees may request out-of-district transfers for their student(s) beginning Monday, February 1, 2021.
A transfer request may be submitted via the Parent Cloud, fax or US postal mail (see below).
In-district applications for priority transfers and non-priority transfers that are to be considered in the lottery process will be accepted through March 1, 2021. All requests received during this time period will be given equal consideration regardless of when they are submitted.
- Download the transfer application form in English (PDF)*
- Download the transfer application form in Spanish (PDF)*
*Please print the form at 100%, actual size or fit to page.
Please provide proof of residence and a picture ID. A birth certificate will need to be provided for students who are new to the district.
How to Apply for a Transfer
- Apply through the Parent Portal. The application is called Online Student Transfer Request.
- New students residing in Austin ISD need to complete online registration (also in the Parent Cloud) before submitting an online transfer request.
- New students who do not reside within AISD boundaries cannot use the online system unless they have previously (or currently) been enrolled in AISD.
- Online transfer requests are for non-tuition Pre-K4 through grade 12.
- Please contact the Office of Early Childhood at 512-414-4790 for information about Pre-K3 and tuition-based Pre-K4.
- Mail transfer requests and required documents to the Office of Student Services, Austin ISD Headquarters, 4000 S. IH-35 Frontage Road, Room 151, Austin 78704.
- Fax transfer requests and required documents to the Office of Student Services at 512-414-4994.
Schools Frozen to Transfers in 2021-2022
Each year, the School District determines which schools will be frozen to transfers because they have, or are expected to have, enrollments that exceed their capacities. Also, some schools are frozen to maintain stability in tracking patterns.
- High Schools: Akins, Bowie
- Middle Schools: Gorzycki, Lamar, Lively
- Elementary Schools: Baranoff, Cowan, Kiker
Frozen schools may still accept applications for magnet, application or dual language programs. Families should contact the school directly for more information.
View the AISD Student Transfer Policy online. Questions? Please contact the Office of Student Services at 512-414-1726.
Please call if you have questions about transfers for the 2020-2021 school year (512-414-1726).
Favor de llamar si tienen preguntas sobre los traslados para el ciclo escolar 2020-2021 (512-414-1726).
Austin ISD Antidiscrimination Policy
The Austin Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability in its programs or activities.