Austin ISD will begin accepting requests for school transfers for the 2018–19 school year on Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018. Requests may be submitted or mailed to the Office of Student Services (Room A200), Carruth Administration Center, 1111 W. Sixth St. during regular business hours, 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Applications for priority transfers and non-priority transfers will be accepted through 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2018.
A transfer request form may be obtained in the Office of Student Services or at a school. If a campus is closed during a summer month, the Office of Student Services will provide a form.
All student transfer requests require a parent or guardian photo ID and proof of residence. Parents or guardians submitting requests for students who are new to the district will need to provide a birth certificate for the new student.
How to Apply for a Transfer
- New this year—online transfers. Apply through the Parent Cloud (beginning Jan. 3, 2018). Create a Parent Cloud account at https://www.austinisd.org/technology/parents-guardians/cloud.
- New students residing in Austin ISD need to complete online registration (also in the Parent Cloud) before submitting an online transfer request.
- Online transfer requests are for grades K through 12.
- Pre-K transfer requests must be submitted in person at the campus of choice.
- Submit transfer requests and required documents in person to the Office of Student Services, 1111 W. Sixth St., A200, during regular business hours, 7:45 a.m.–4:45 p.m.
- Mail transfer requests and required documents to the Office of Student Services, 1111 W. Sixth St., A200, Austin 78703.
- Fax transfer requests and required documents to the Office of Student Services at 512-414-4994.
Each year, Austin ISD determines which schools (K-12) should be frozen to transfers because they have, or are expected to have, enrollments that exceed their capacities. Also, some schools are frozen to maintain stability in tracking patterns.
Schools Frozen to Transfers in 2018–19:
- High schools: Akins, Bowie and McCallum
- Middle schools: Lamar and Murchison
- Elementary schools: Baldwin, Baranoff, Becker (PK–2)*, Blazier, Brentwood, Bryker Woods, Casis, Cowan, Davis, Doss, Gullett, Hill, Kiker, Lee (K–5)**, Maplewood, Mathews, Menchaca, Oak Hill, Reilly (PK–2)*, Ridgetop, Summitt, Sunset Valley (PK–2)* and Zilker.
*These grades will accept dual language applications.
**Lee Elementary will be frozen from K–5 to accommodate a construction project but will continue to accept transfers for sixth grade.
View the AISD Student Transfer Policy online. Questions? Please contact the Office of Student Services at 512-414-1726.
The Austin Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability in its programs or activities.