Parents asked to screen child prior to boarding, accompany child to bus stop
Austin ISD is committed to providing safe, reliable transportation to our students. This year, the district is implementing extra health and safety protocols for all families who are eligible for bus transportation if they choose to use the service.
As families prepare for the phased-in, in-person learning, please keep the following in mind:
- Make sure to update contact information in the Parent Cloud.
- Every family should take their child's temperature each morning.
- Do not send students to school if they are sick, have symptoms or have a temperature at 100.0 or greater.
- Make every effort to accompany students to and from the bus stop and school in the event your child registers a temperature greater than 100.0.
- Masks are required on all AISD buses.
- Prior to boarding the bus, a transportation staff member will check every student's temperature with a touchless thermometer.
- If a child registers a temperature at or above 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit, they will be sent home with their parents. If a parent/guardian is not available, separate transportation to the campus will be provided.
- To reduce virus exposure on buses, we encourage families to drop off or walk with their students to school.
- Bus drivers will wear personal protective equipment including masks, gloves and face shields to be used during temperature screenings.
- All buses will have hand sanitizer and be disinfected regularly.
- Maximum allowable seating will be one student per seat with the seat behind the driver closed for social distancing.
The full plan for our bus-riding families can be found on the Open for Learning Plan Version 4.