The Austin Independent School District's Board of Trustees voted to move forward with renaming five district buildings named for men who served in either the Confederate military or government.
Donations are being accepted to support the anticipated costs associated with changing the names of the following Austin ISD buildings:
- Fulmore Middle School-named changed to Sarah Beth Lively Middle School
- Lanier High School-name change in process to Juan Navarro Early College High School
- Reagan High School-name changed to Northeast Early College High School
- Eastside Memorial High School at the Johnston Campus-name change pending until campus is modernized in their new location at the original L.C. Anderson campus site.
- Allan Center- Anita Ferrales Coy facility
Through the Austin Ed Fund online donations are being accepted, https://give.livingtree.com/c/austin-isd-school-renaming-fund_1 or If you would like to donate by check, please make your gift out to Austin Ed Fund and include "school renaming" in the memo line. Checks can be mailed to:
Austin Ed Fund
1111 West Sixth Street, D300
Austin, Texas 78703
In 2018, the Austin ISD Board of Trustees voted to move forward with the renaming process for five district sites-the John T. Allan Facility, Zachary Taylor Fulmore Middle School, Sidney Lanier Early College High School, John H. Reagan Early College High School and Eastside Memorial Early College High School at the Johnston Campus (Albert Sidney Johnston).
Austin Ed Fund is a 501(c)(3) non profit education foundation that supports Austin ISD public schools. The foundation is an independent board of directors comprised of business, community, and education leaders.