Every year, to celebrate LGBTQIA+ students, staff and families Austin ISD hosts its own Pride Week, a time to highlight the district's commitment to creating a safe, supportive and inclusive environment.This year's weeklong celebration is March 21-26, which aligns with the National LGBT Health Awareness Week. Each campus will receive an inspiration guide of suggested activities for PRIDE Week. Campuses are encouraged to plan activities that engage, educate and inspire. If you have any questions regarding planning activities or for assistance in selecting resources that best fit your school community, please contact your campus GSA coordinator or campus counselor. Pride Swag—Students and staff, during the week of March 21-25, please visit your campus front office to pick up Pride and Ally stickers, posters, flags, pronoun buttons and more! Austin ISD Pride Week Themes
- Monday, March 21 - All Are Welcome and Pride History
- Tuesday, March 22 - Differences are Awesome
- Wednesday, March 23 - Know Your Rights
- Thursday, March 24 - Pride and You - Creative Expression
- Friday, March 25 - Local Pride and Spirit Day
- Saturday, March 26 - Connect and Celebrate
- 10 a.m.–1 p.m. - PRIDE OUT! Party in the Park at Eastside ECHS.