Where: Virtual, Watch the Meeting
What: The Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee (ESAC) assists the district in being a recognized example of environmental education, stewardship, and sustainability. To accomplish its purpose, the ESAC serves as an advisory body to the Superintendent, who is responsible for administrative decisions and for providing administrative recommendations to the Board for approval. The purview of the ESAC may include, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Curriculum, instruction, and student learning
- Stakeholder awareness and involvement
- Energy, fuel, and water conservation
- Clean and renewable energy
- Efficiencies and cost savings
- Water and air quality
- Transportation and traffic
- Waste minimization, recycling, and composting
- Landscaping, gardening, and sustainable agriculture
- Community and business partnerships and alternative funding sources
To provide comments, please go to Austin ISD Let's Talk.
Comments must be received by 12. p.m. on October 7. Comments received after that time will be provided to the committee members in written form after the meeting.