Please join us for a special community gathering for the New Southwest Elementary School. Come hear more about the school vision, project details and meet the team.
6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m., Jan. 22
Circle C Community Center, 7817 La Crosse Ave, Austin TX 78739
In 2017, voters approved AISD's largest bond: a $1.05 billion investment to embark on the first phase of a long-term plan to modernize schools and address overcrowding and critical deficiencies. The bond included a new elementary school in southwest Austin with a planned capacity of 522 students to provide relief to the over-utilized elementary schools in the area.
We are now moving into the construction phase for New Southwest Elementary School, located in your neighborhood. Work is scheduled to begin in Feb. 2019 with an expected school opening in Aug. 2020.
Along with the district, the project team consists of Barnes Gromatzky Korsarek Architects and and Flintco. To learn more about this modernization project and the 2017 Bond Program, visit AISDFuture.com.
Thank you for your patience and support as we work to create 21st-century learning spaces for all students and continue to reinvent the urban school experience!
- Site work will begin in Feb. 2019 starting with tree removal.
- Earthwork will begin in Feb. 2019 and vertical construction is expected to begin in July 2019.
- Temporary fencing will be installed around the active construction site.
- Trucks entering and exiting the construction site off Escarpment Blvd.
- The district will establish a boundary for the new school through an official process involving the Boundary Advisory Committee, and approved by the board before the school opens to determine student assignments.
To share feedback or questions, please call (512) 414-9595 or email email@example.com.
Learn more at AISDFuture.com.