More than 730 Bulldogs walked across the stage as Bowie High School graduated its Class of 2019.
Superintendent Paul Cruz congratulated the students for their hard work and achievements.
- The Bowie Band made the UIL state competition and competed in the Bands of America competition, where they placed 15th in the nation.
- The Bowie Color Guard earned state championship for the ninth year in a row. They also participated in the first Winter Guard International China regional in Beijing.
- Girls cross country runners Claire Meyer and Kendall Johnson competed in state and qualified for the first time in school history.
- Luke Evans and Kaedon Solana named UIL State Champions in Duo Interpretation.
- Alexis Bobbitt competing in the USA Junior National mountain bike racing team.
Valedictorian Dartanian Babcock congratulated his classmates and talked about the importance of loving what you do.
"I implore you all, from this point onward, to love what you do," he said. "Whatever path you take in this life of infinite possibilities, walk with pride and a determination to accomplish what you set out to do."
Salutatorian Katelyn Dill also encouraged others to love.
"We endured tribulations and earned the right to walk the stage and get our diploma," she said. "In the threshold we enter, hatred is proliferate and fear to the unknown is leverage to influence others. We have the power to over come hatred with love! Whatever our worries in our past may be, realize we made it."