Austin ISD needs the public's input as the district continues to update its Facility Master Plan. During upcoming meetings, AISD will present the Facilities and Bond Planning Advisory Committee's update and receive feedback from the public.
Each meeting will focus on a different family of schools. However, anyone can attend any meeting, regardless of where they live or where their student attends.
Upcoming meetings are all 6–8 p.m.:
- Jan. 24 McCallum High School Cafeteria, 5600 Sunshine Drive
Vertical teams: McCallum and Special Campuses
- Jan. 25 Crockett High School Cafeteria, 5601 Manchaca Road
Vertical teams: Akins and Crockett
- Jan. 26 Garcia Young Men's Leadership Academy Cafeteria, 7414 Johnny Morris Road
Vertical teams: LBJ and Reagan
- Jan. 31 Martin Middle School Cafeteria, 1601 Haskell St.
Vertical teams: Eastside Memorial and Travis
- Feb. 1 Burnet Middle School Cafeteria, 8401 Hathaway Drive
Vertical teams: Anderson and Lanier
- Feb. 2 Gorzycki Middle School Cafeteria, 7412 W. Slaughter Lane
Vertical teams: Austin and Bowie
Refreshments and child care will be provided. Reasonable accomodations and equal access to communications via interpretation are provided upon request. Please call 512-414-9595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
During the child care portion of the meeting activities, AISD will feature one of its FMP partners, Maker Kids Lab, which focuses on projects that inspire kids to grow their interests in science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics (STEAM).
Be sure to arrive early as there will be limited space for children to participate in the small group activity.