The Austin School District continues to accept applications for school transfers for the 2014-15 school year. The deadline to apply for priority transfers and non-priority transfers to be considered during the first-round lottery selection is today, Friday, Jan. 31st.
Each year, AISD determines which schools should be frozen to transfers because they have, or are expected to have, enrollments that exceed their capacities. Also, some schools are frozen to maintain stability in tracking patterns.
In December, AISD announced 29 schools that will be frozen to transfers during the 2014-15 school year, while another 24 schools will be re-evaluated after priority transfers are approved.
The schools frozen to transfers in 2014-15 are:
- High schools: Akins, Anderson, Austin, Bowie and McCallum;
- Middle schools: Burnet, Gorzycki, Murchison, O. Henry and Paredes; and
- Elementary schools: Baldwin, Baranoff, Blazier, Brentwood, Bryker Woods (grade 5), Casey, Casis, Clayton, Doss, Graham, Highland Park, Hill, Kiker, Langford, Lee (grades 3 and 5), Menchaca, Pickle, Rodriguez and Travis Heights.
The schools to be monitored and possibly frozen to transfers in 2014-15 are:
- Middle Schools: Bedichek, Dobie, Kealing, Lamar, Martin, Small and Webb; and
- Elementary Schools: Andrews, Cook, Davis, Gullett, Harris, Hart, Houston, McBee, New North Central Elementary, Odom, Palm, Patton, Perez, Ridgetop, Summitt, Sunset Valley and Wooldridge.
Transfer requests may be submitted in person or by mail to the Office of Student Services and Records at 1111 West 6th Street (78703). Applications must be delivered in person by 5 p.m. Friday or postmarked by Jan. 31, 2014.
Parents submitting requests for students who are new to the district or who have had an address change since enrolling in school this year need to attach proof of residence and a picture ID.
AISD will continue accepting non-priority transfer requests for the fall semester through Aug. 11, 2014. Requests will be processed based on available space. For more information, please visit the AISD website or call the Office of Student Services and Records at 414-1726.