The Austin School District continues to accept applications for school transfers for the 2013-14 school year. The deadline to apply for priority transfers and non-priority transfers to be considered during the first-round lottery selection is Thursday, Jan. 31.
Each year, AISD determines which schools should be frozen to transfers because they have, or are expected to have, enrollments that exceed their capacities. Also, some schools are frozen to maintain stability in tracking patterns.
There are 32 schools that will be frozen and 17 schools at which space will be re-evaluated after priority transfers are approved.
The schools frozen to transfers in 2013-14 are:
- High Schools: Akins, Anderson, Austin, Bowie, and McCallum
- Middle Schools: Kealing, Murchison, O. Henry, Paredes, and Small
- Elementary Schools: Baldwin, Baranoff, Blazier, Bryker Woods (grades 1 and 5), Casis, Cook, Doss, Graham, Hart, Highland Park, Hill, Kiker, Langford, Lee, Odom, Palm, Patton, Pickle, Pillow, Rodriguez, and Wooldridge.
The schools to be monitored and possibly frozen to transfers in 2013-14 are:
- Middle Schools: Bedichek and Gorzycki
- Elementary Schools: Andrews, Barrington, Becker, Casey, Clayton, Cowan, Davis, Gullett, Harris, Menchaca, Perez, Ridgetop, Summitt, Sunset Valley and Travis Heights.
Transfer requests may be submitted in person or by mail to the Office of Student Services and Records. Applications must be delivered in person by 5 p.m. Thursday or postmarked by Jan. 31.
Parents submitting requests for students who are new to the district or who have had an address change since enrolling in school this year need to attach proof of residence and a picture ID.
AISD will continue accepting non-priority transfer requests for the fall semester through Aug. 12. For more information, please visit the AISD website or call the Office of Student Services and Records at 414-1726.