The Ending Community Homelessness Coalition (ECHO) is pleased to invite all Austin-area families to the final event in the Austin 2011 Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week.
The ECHO Family Festival will take place on Saturday, November 19 from 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. at the St. Ignatius Family Center. This event will give families the opportunity to experience the simple joy that comes with helping our neighbors while learning more about the homeless in our community.
The Family Festival will include:
- Food and drinks including hot dogs, nachos, and lots of other yummy treats!
- Service stations with opportunities for kids and parents to work together to make a difference! Stations will include a survival kit assembly station, a holiday card decoration station, and more!
- Fun games for the kids, like a fishing booth, beanbag toss, and much more!
- Entertainment including a magician, clown, face painter, and caricature artist!
- An educational station for parents to get answers about how to talk to their kids about homelessness
This event is sponsored by Facility Solutions Group (FSG) and the Ending Community Homelessness Coalition (ECHO). Austin’s Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week (November 11-19, 2011) is put on by ECHO, a nonprofit organization that works tirelessly to end homelessness.
For more information please visit, www.austinecho.org