Five deserving Austin Independent School District teachers received a surprise visit on October 4 from OfficeMax and their school principals where they were awarded $1,000 worth of much-needed classroom supplies as part of the retailer’s A Day Made Better national event. One day each year, the nationwide program honors 1,000 teachers for their extraordinary efforts in the classroom. Teachers were nominated for this award by their principals for demonstrating passion, dedication, and innovation in the classroom.
The following Austin ISD teachers were recognized:
- Yvette Cardenas – Pickle Elementary
- Lauren Bingham – Blanton Elementary
- Joy Poole – St. Elmo Elementary
- Delia Singer – Odom Elementary
- Natalie Svrcek – Brentwood Elementary
See additional photos from this event on our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/austinisd