The Head Start Pre-K3 Policy Council is a parent and community lead advisory board that provides guidance to the AISD Head Start Pre-K3 programs regarding:
- Parent involvement and activities
- Head Start program recruitment, selection, and enrollment priorities.
- Budget planning for program expenditures, including policies for reimbursement and participation in policy council activities.
- Bylaws for the operation of the policy council.
- Procedures for how members of the policy council of the Head Start agency will be elected.
More information regarding the policy council roles and responsibilities can be found in Section 642 (c)(2)(D) of the Head Start Act and in the Head Start Performance Standards.