Austin ISD will be hosting a post-spring break, mass COVID-19 testing event Friday, March 26 between 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Tests are free for AISD students and staff and administered via drive-thru.
This mass testing event is available to all AISD students and staff, which includes those who learn and work in-person and remotely. Individuals should consider getting tested if they are not two weeks out from completing their COVID-19 vaccine series and:
- Are showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Have had close contact/exposure to a confirmed positive or someone showing COVID-19 symptoms (and they are not completely vaccinated).
- Traveled over spring break.
- Participated in group activities with members outside of their household where masking and social distancing were not consistently practiced.
- North: Northeast Early College High School (Nelson Field), 7105 Berkman Dr. Austin, TX 78752.
- South: Austin ISD Central Office, 4000 S. IH-35 Austin, TX 78704.
Participants must register to be guaranteed a test.
Items to Bring to Testing Appointment:
- Austin ISD ID or badge.
- Completed Consent Form.
- QR code from pre-registering online (not required, but strongly encouraged to help decrease wait times)
If individuals are unable to make the March 26 mass testing date and want to get tested this week, please note that COVID-19 rapid tests are available at campus health rooms. They may call their campus health room for more information.
If individuals have non-AISD family members who wish to access testing, we encourage them to contact their primary care provider or schedule a testing appointment through Austin Public Health website.