Austin ISD is calling on the community to join Operation Reconnect, an event that includes a door-to-door campaign to reconnect Austin families with AISD program offerings.
The event is on Saturday, April 10 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
AISD teachers, team members, and community volunteers will conduct a block walk and door-to-door campaign to reconnect with Austin families and share information about the district’s world-class program offerings, including:
- Free prekindergarten.
- Robust enrichment programs, which are available before and after school.
- Free career preparation programs such as Pathways in Technology.
- Early College High Schools.
- Engaged 21st-century learning experience.
The focus of the event is schools in the northeast corridor of the district. Focus campuses include:
- Elementary - Andrews, Harris, Pecan Springs and Winn.
- Middle - Garcia Young Men's Leadership Academy and Sadler Means Young Women’s Leadership Academy.
- High - Northeast ECHS.
Working together in teams across Austin, the district would like to connect with families to learn about their educational needs and priorities—as well as welcome more learners to its family of schools as they prepare for college, career and life.
Volunteers will receive an Operation Reconnect T-shirt, as well as breakfast, water and personal protective equipment to safely participate.
Volunteers can sign up for Operation Reconnect on the event page or email Operation Reconnect leads, Katrina Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or José M.A. Velásquez at email@example.com.