Thursday: Tweet Chat on Innovation with Superintendent
Please join Superintendent Dr. Paul Cruz and the AISD team for a back-to-school Tweet Chat about innovation from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 20. A Tweet Chat is a live Twitter event, which invites users to engage in a focused conversation organized around a single hashtag.
Adam Holman, assistant principal at Murchison Middle School, will be the moderator.
How do you participate?
- Log on to Twitter.
- Enter “#AISDchat” in the search box at the top of the webpage or mobile app.
- Click the 'Live' button.
- The moderator will pose questions to which anyone can respond.
All you need to do is tweet your responses during the designated time—using the conversation hashtag. The guest host, Dr. Cruz, will respond to questions and interact with participants.
How do you prepare? The moderator will ask eight questions:
- Introduce yourself (name and campus). Share your favorite movie as a student.
- What did you do this summer to support your learning? What book, conference, blog post, article or Tweet pushed your thinking?
- What does innovation mean to you?
- Teachers: What innovative lesson are you introducing during the first week of classes? Non-teaching team members: What are you doing during the first week to be innovative?
- What initiatives are rolling out on your campus, in which you are excited to take part? Why?
- If you could design your own learning event for colleagues, what would be your “must haves”?
- If you were asked to deliver a TED Talk, what would you discuss?
- How would you reinvent the urban school experience?
Questions? If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Christian Clarke Casarez, assistant director of communications, at email@example.com or 512-414-2715.
Check out the Storify recap of the wonderful ideas—and energy—from across the district.